Thread: Female Volunteers are needed for a research survey!!

Female Volunteers are needed for a research survey!!

Looking for volunteers to fill out a short survey on clothing and disability!!
    If you are a woman with any type of physical limitation and are interested in helping out with an academic study to look at designing and selling comfortable, functional and attractive clothing, please contact Dr. Kate Carroll at carrollk@ecu.edu or Hye-Yoon Kim at hyk1231@ecu.edu. We will send you a short survey which will not take more than 10 minutes of your time to fill out. The study has been approved by the University of North Carolina Institutional Review Board and is part of an ongoing project to look at Inclusive Clothing Design. Many thanks for your help!!
    Last edited by HEYUNE; 12-13-2006 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spelling error

Anyone know if this is legit? I sent an email when this posted and never got a response but my spam has spiked big time. Coincidence?
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jenlongdon
    Anyone know if this is legit? I sent an email when this posted and never got a response but my spam has spiked big time. Coincidence?
    Same here, Jen. Sent an email and heard nada, but suddenly my e was spammed to hell.

I kinda gave them the benefit of the doubt thinking that I caught them as they left for winter break. I'll be more careful in responding to posts now. Bummer

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

I had a quick look - that does indeed appear to be the legit e-mail address of Kate Carroll at East Carolina University, and she does appear to be interested in clothing for women with disabilities - here's an excerpt from their Feb 2005 faculty newsletter:
    Dr. Kate Carroll (IDMR) reports that students in IDMR Visual Merchandising 3400 class are developing window displays in the Dowdy Student Stores all semester. She urges everyone to notice the students’ work. Dr. Carroll is also taking students to TC2 in Cary, NC, on February 25 to observe an apparel manufacturing simulation lab and a digital textile print machine. Students will also have their bodies scanned using the latest scanning technology developed by TC2. Dr. Carroll also recently presented research on “Creating Clothing Options for Working Woman with Physical Disabilities through Universal Design” at the college’s Tea and Cake forum on February 8.
    So maybe they're just being sloppy about not responding, or still on winter break?
    - Richard

Thanks for checking into this Richard. I'll wait another week. Winter break should be over by then.

I would really like some better options. I still haven't figured out what to wear that either doesn't snag, pick up road dirt or interfer with cathing.

Thanks, Richard.

The new semester is just starting here. They're likely swamped.

I'll chalk it up holiday spam from elsewhere and hope to hear from her soon.

I did indeed receive the survey tonight. Guess I shoulda been a little more patient.