Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Push To Walk"- a brand new center for SCI recovery and exercise is opening in NJ!

Thumbs up "Push To Walk"- a brand new center for SCI recovery and exercise is opening in NJ!

Hi everyone, after working with my trainer for nearly 2 years and traveling back and forth to Project Walk over the last 16 months, we have been able to schedule an opening for a center for spinal cord injury recovery and training. Eric, my trainer, is currently going through certification to be a Level 1 Project Walk trainer. Another former Project Walk trainer will be working with us as well.

The website is being built, but find out more by going to the homepage here: www.pushtowalknj.org. Don't forget the "nj".

We are scheduled to open in February 2007. We are very excited, as we this will be the first center of it's kind on the east coast.

If anybody has questions, post them here or email me at darrentempleton@optonline.net.

You can also use the e-mail posted on the website page.
    -------7-23-04----------
    C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
    www.darrentempleton.com
    www.pushtowalknj.org

I am so excited... I had eric at my house once and what he taught my dad and me in 1 hour is more then i learned in my 5 yrs of going to therapy in P.A. I will be traveling to N.J. for rehab cant wait anty
    Be always determined in Life and Love

Good job, Darren. This is great news!

Hope you will accept Euopean visitors

Great news for us Europeans. Also it is a great idea perhaps some of the trainers would think of travelling / setting up this side of the Adlantic some day.

Is that so? Something closer to me than Ohio. How lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by soimumireland
    Great news for us Europeans. Also it is a great idea perhaps some of the trainers would think of travelling / setting up this side of the Adlantic some day.
    Hi Ireland. You have it on “this” side of the Atlantic I believe. And here I don’t mean traditional hospital rehab centres. Actually what one could do is; pay for a month or two to a private operated physiotherapeutic clinic, then hire your own SCI physiotherapist and start working out 24/7. The cost would probably be cheaper as well due to airplane tickets saving etc. compared to going over to the other side of the Atlantic. Just use some fantasy then one could probably do similar things like this someplace near where one is living. I guess one doesn’t need to go over the Atlantic just to get some inspiration to exercise if more exercising is the goal?

We do gait training with a GT-1 Gait Trainer, have an Uppertone, have a Thera Vital with upper body trainer, have the new Balance Trainer standing frame, have the new computer Nudelholz training system, plus multiple training machines of various types, large training rooms with Bobath benches and a fully accessable facility which is about 375 cubic meters in size. We charge 50€ and hour for private patients which includes a full time physical therapist for the whole hour. We aren´t Project Walk, but we have a pretty damn good deal for the price.
    Last edited by Mike C; 12-12-2006 at 11:07 AM.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    We do gait training with a GT-1 Gait Trainer, have an Uppertone, have a Thera Vital with upper body trainer, have the new Balance Trainer standing frame, have the new computer Nudelholz training system, plus multiple training machines of various types, large training rooms with Bobath benches and a fully accessable facility which is about 375 cubic meters in size. We charge 50€ and hour for private patients which includes a full time physical therapist for the whole hour. We aren´t Project Walk, but we have a pretty damn good deal for the price.
    Where is this place. I am hoping to bring my son to use the pediatric lokomat in University Children’s Hospital, Affoltern a. Albis, Switzerland in 2007 but it is good to know all your options.

Way to make things happen

GREAT NEWS, Darren!!!! {Cindy & John, too} How exciting for you all! I'm anxious to check it out. My very best of luck to you!
    Lois

Which Bloomingdale?

Hey Darren-
    I tried to mapquest bloomingdale and there appears to be two (one in passaic county and one in somerset county). Can you give us the address? Looking forward to your upcoming visit to Cali. Do you know your workout times yet? We do 3-5 M-F...hopefully there will be some overlap. Mandy