Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowel Program

Bowel Program

Just wondering how many people feel terrible after their bowel program. Does anyone NOT feel bad afterward? thanks.

Blundy, it will be interesting to hear what other people have to say. Among my patients, I have a few people who share your experience but the vast majority do not. There may be things that could be done to help eliminate the yucky feelings after bowel care if you care to share some details about your program. I'd like to be able to help.

RAB

Sometimes when my stomach was pushing a lot I feel shitty, Also you might want to cut back on stimulants they can keep your stomach going hours after you go. You might want to try to eat a light little something (bread, soup)before you go too that also helps me.

i switched my routine from morning to night for many reasons, but feeling horrible afterwards was one of them.
    at night i can go to sleep after i'm done, and then by morning i feel better.

I've always felt some nausea after taking a dump. Afterwards when I eat something for breakfast, I feel much better.

Physically I sometimes feel like I'm never emptied and sometimes my back end feels kinda burning sensation

Physiologically I never like the whole process.

I been doing bowel program for just over a year - it's a real bummer I guess.

2 blocks away from the Real Housewives of Orange County
    Like Nancie I too do my bowel routine at night, right before bed. A lot of times (but not always) I feel naucious or just plain worn out. This is usually if I have a whole lot of stool and/or the last of the bm is very loose, like diarrhea. I will have kind of small movements, but then every 3 or 4 days a huge movement that will really wear me out.

I find it easier to deal with these feelings if I just wash up and go to bed aftewards. Every once in a while my body will decide that it needs to void in the middle of the day while I'm at work. It's always hard to return to my desk and work after spending an hour in the bathroom.

I do BP twice daily...once after breakfast and once before bed. I dont feel badly after BP unless I am constipated and cannot get stool to "present" into the colon for digital removal or valsalvo expulsion. If I use dig stim, abdominal massage, valsalvo, etc. and still dont get all stool out...I feel bloated and full until later on when I can get a full BP done.

Kap

"It's not easy being green"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HSB:

Like Nancie I too do my bowel routine at night, right before bed. A lot of times (but not always) I feel naucious or just plain worn out. This is usually if I have a whole lot of stool and/or the last of the bm is very loose, like diarrhea. I will have kind of small movements, but then every 3 or 4 days a huge movement that will really wear me out.
    QUOTE]

Nurse, HSB's is just like mine. Also, I'd like to add that many times my stomach hurts during and after pretty badly. Sometimes I bleed a great deal. I have some hemmoriods that aren't terrible, but I'm sure they are painful if I could feel them. I think that may be causing the bleeding but sometimes I wonder if there is more wrong. I went to a doctor about that and a small fissure I had at one time, but he felt neither was bad enough for surgery, and gave me some ointment for the fissure and told me to use Prep H for the hemmoriods. I use digi-stem, sometimes an enema, and sometimes a suppository...not the last two at the same time though. It usually takes me about an hour to get through with it. I've been injured almost 15 years and it's always been this way. I try to go at night, because like some of the others, it's just hard to do BP and then start the day, but it's hard for me to stay on a night schedule because sometimes I get home late from work. If I get to go at night, I usually always "check" again in the morning to make sure I was REALLY finished. I get AD sometime when I go. That's really all I can think of. I sometimes wonder if it's so hard on me because I'm a high T injury? I think I read somewhere that could make it harder?

Kap, this may be a stupid question and something I should know, but I don't. What's valsalvo expulsion?

thanks everyone and if anyone wants to add to this, that would be great. the more ideas I can get, the better. Much appreciated.

I feel pooped after my BP. I do my BP in the morning. It really depends though, some days it's ready to come out and I empty in 20-30 min. Some days I have to work at it, and I'll spend 45min to 1hr or more. Afterwards I feel tired and have this uneasy feeling for a few hours. I take a shower after my BP, and that helps me feel better.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.