Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you really blame a Quad for committing Suicide?

When I was first injured and could do nothing for myself I was ready to die. I was not able to kill myself so that was not an option. I dont blame anyone for wanting to die but actually doing it different. If I suddenly were back at square one in rehab..........I just might change my mind again. No one knows until they are there.

Well I have no use of my arms or hands so I guess I'm stuck being tempted to commit suicide if ever need be. Because damn well I'm sure no one is going to help me. For now though I only see good things ahead of me. Oh man I love making things happen.

I don't think blame is the right word. You should consider what it does to those left behind, though. The only reason I'd "blame" is the lack of consideration for those left to cope with the wreckage. If there's nobody else to consider, then it's a personal call.

Sadly, when ppl reach that stage they tend to be beyond considering others.

I've always thought suicide is the ultimate selfish decision. If nobody cares about you, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    I don't think blame is the right word. You should consider what it does to those left behind, though. The only reason I'd "blame" is the lack of consideration for those left to cope with the wreckage. If there's nobody else to consider, then it's a personal call.
    So its ok, if theres "no one" else?

I remember when I was younger - wanting to go down to Parliament Hill in Ottawa and hold myself hostage on the steps - I always had a dream I went down in a blaze of gunfire lol. Just to show how terrible it was to live with paralysis ... so if you're going to do it, make a statement. lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv
    So its ok, if theres "no one" else?
    Well I don't know how God feels about it LOL. But yeah, to me if you're destroying nobody else's life, simply ending your own, it's a personal decision. If you have no kids or parents or friends or loved ones to hurt, you know?

What's sad to me, unthinkable, is living a life where its ending meant nothing to anyone else in the world. What a lonely existence. I think the world, esp the US, is getting to be that way for a lot of people.

Sadly, when ppl reach that stage they tend to be beyond considering others.

I've always thought suicide is the ultimate selfish decision.
    Sometimes people feel that killing themselves will benefit those left behind. It is NOT always a selfish decision.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    Sometimes people feel that killing themselves will benefit those left behind. It is NOT always a selfish decision.

C.
    I guess you'd have to ask those left behind how they feel about it. I can't imagine feeling blessed when a loved one decided to off themselves. In what circumstances is it a selfless choice?

If you have no kids or parents or friends or loved ones to hurt, you know?

What's sad to me, unthinkable, is living a life where its ending meant nothing to anyone else in the world.
    I am "alone", so to speak. So, is it ok for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv
    I am "alone", so to speak. So, is it ok for me?
    1. You are not alone. Lots of people care about you!

2. You don't have one single relative? That sucks. (I have some you are welcome to, though...)

3. I don't know if it's ok for you. Do you mean on a moral level or something? I think you contribute to society, so you would be a loss to the world. Ultimately I suppose it depends on what you think. If you want my vote, though, I'm checking the "Don't do it, please" box.

I don't know what I think of suicide on a moral level. Been told the Catholic Church disapproves. I do believe that the Big Judge in the Sky is compassionate and will grant clemency for pain suffered on earth. I don't think you burn in hell for being so tormented that you could no longer endure this planet. My brother committed suicide, albeit one that took 40 years or so. He was tormented. I like to think he no longer is.
    Last edited by betheny; 12-11-2006 at 02:42 PM.