Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you really blame a Quad for committing Suicide?

Can you really blame a Quad for committing Suicide?

Hello,
    First, I have no intention of committing Suicide at this time. However, can you really blame a Quad for committing Suicide? Being a Quad is awfully cruel.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Brian

I'd say yes, but it's up to each individual.

Keep making promises to yourself. "I'll give it six more months." Eventually, you'll be okay.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    I'd say yes, but it's up to each individual.

Keep making promises to yourself. "I'll give it six more months." Eventually, you'll be okay.
    I did that, I said I'd give it a year and if things had not significantly improved I would call it quits. Well, I guess this is what I get for not keeping my promise.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

You made the wrong promise.

"I'll give it a year and then see how it goes. If it's tolerable in the least and/or I have a reason for living at that time, I'll give it another year."

For what it's worth, I'm glad you didn't keep your promise.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

life is life no matter what

i am sick a quad full of pain ,spasms ,uti s a person who lost everything ...job,money ,friends etc. i will never kill myself.all i need is to focus to stay alive until a real cure will help me and all thesci people who need to be cured.
    be strong and never give up.
    adi the dumber.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by MagikLair
    However, can you really blame a Quad for committing Suicide?
    Nope, but then I wouldn't blame anyone who was in enough pain that they felt ending their life was the only solution.

C.

"I'll give it a year and then see how it goes. If it's tolerable in the least and/or I have a reason for living at that time, I'll give it another year."

Well I don't remember the specifics of it, but it was probably somewhere in-between what I wrote and what you did. Things have improved, but I still don't think it's to the level I was hoping for. I still don't think I've found any concrete reasons for dragging this out, but I suppose I haven't found any concrete reasons for ending it either. I'm still unsure if the hope I'm clinging to is a blessing or a curse, I guess what I make of my future will determine that. Well, the first half of this year was hellish and I still wish I hadn't stuck around for that, I doubt any kind of success will validate that nightmare. I still need to post a summary of that experience and get some legal advice about it. Ok, I'm getting into an off-topic ramble now, so I'll shut my pie-hole. But, for what it's worth, thanks.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Actually, I believe paras are more likely to commit suicide than quads. I'm a 25+ post quad and have never wanted to kill myself because of it.

I agree with Steven and am very glad you're still with us, MyCo. As we have spoken many times before, it is hard to live with SCI but there is so much more to be experienced in life other than the heartaches.

Brian, I believe many of us experience the frustration and desperation of not having the ability to move as before. Suicide, is possibly what many times we believe will end our pain but then there are so many things we would miss out by not being around. I know my life has been filled with so many good things too. Joy, happiness are things I would not have known if I had not gone on with life. My grand daughter has brighted up my days together with her dad, Nick. I would not judge the person who has committed suicide as bad, but I would feel sad to know that maybe he/she may have missed out on something good in their future life.

Life is hard whether SCI'ed or not but we need to hang on in there for the good stuff too.

Raven

belive me ....beeing in coma after my spinal cord surgery for two weeks i saw the devil and i saw jesus.i am not a liar.never ever kill yourself,wait for a cure,and be strong until the end.maybe you think ....adi is crazy.i am not.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."