Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Book Is Finally Out There!

Your book arrived today, Kate. Looking forward to reading it this weekend.

I am reading it compliments of dan_nc who gave me a copy (thank you again!). I have to read it slowly though as I can feel the pain and confusion dripping off the pages. This means you are a very talented writer!

Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    I am reading it compliments of dan_nc who gave me a copy (thank you again!). I have to read it slowly though as I can feel the pain and confusion dripping off the pages. This means you are a very talented writer!

Ami

oy, or maybe it means that you know the feeling and recognize it. I'm grateful to all of you who can bring yourselves to go there . . . my hope of course is that those people who've been telling me for years that they "can't imagine" how it was will really get it.

It's been interesting so far to have people in our church and at my office read the thing and come to me with questions about sci itself. The book acts kind of like an entryway for them to maybe think of paralysis in a new way. I just hope they remember it when it's time to lobby for basic medical research.

I wasn't "there", Chad was injured 19 years ago almost and we've been together only 3 years. So I've heard it second hand from him and his family. But your words really sear into my consciousness ... well done Kate, I am very impressed. -- Ami

Quote Originally Posted by kate
    oy, or maybe it means that you know the feeling and recognize it. I'm grateful to all of you who can bring yourselves to go there . . . my hope of course is that those people who've been telling me for years that they "can't imagine" how it was will really get it.

It's been interesting so far to have people in our church and at my office read the thing and come to me with questions about sci itself. The book acts kind of like an entryway for them to maybe think of paralysis in a new way. I just hope they remember it when it's time to lobby for basic medical research.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

I just ordered my copy....
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    I just ordered my copy....
    thanks daisy. I just talked to my amazing father-in-law, who is pretty much a major character in the book. He loves it, lol, which makes me so glad. He kept me from going around the bend again and again.

Hi Kate,

I got my book right before my guy sustained this recent TBI and have been reading it the whole time--in fits and starts cause I've been busy with him. It's really helped me. I've been fighting with doctors and nurses and front desk people since the day of his wreck, and fighting to keep him safe, and I am tired of fighting. But, your book helps me find the strength to keep fighting. If you guys can do all you have done, we can surely do this. My favorite quote from the book so far..."Fully armed".

Thanks Kate!
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

Quote Originally Posted by WM
    Hi Kate,

I got my book right before my guy sustained this recent TBI and have been reading it the whole time--in fits and starts cause I've been busy with him. It's really helped me. I've been fighting with doctors and nurses and front desk people since the day of his wreck, and fighting to keep him safe, and I am tired of fighting. But, your book helps me find the strength to keep fighting. If you guys can do all you have done, we can surely do this. My favorite quote from the book so far..."Fully armed".

Thanks Kate!
    That's so good to hear! For those who don't know what we're talking about, sometime during the first couple of weeks after Bruce got hurt, I was in touch with a friend of a friend--a woman who had broken her back the year before on a Mount Rainier training expedition. She spent time in the same hospital as Bruce, and when I asked her for some words of encouragement to give him, she wrote this back:

"Do you lose your mind and embrace despondency, bitterness, and anger . . . or do you keep your sense of humor and love of life and face this new challenge as you've faced all challenges. Fully armed."

She was so right.

I got my book today Kate and I cant wait to start it...I got a few chapters left in another book so hopefully tomorrow...
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Congratulations!!! Writing a book is a tremendous accomplishment. I am just so impressed. I can't wait to read it.