Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Book Is Finally Out There!

Hi Kate,

Just ordered your book. Way to go!

Erika

I'm so happy for you, Kate, that your book is finally published!
    I've been waiting a long time for it too! I just ordered it also.

Someone is writing a book about my daughter, but now we just found out that she is having to cut pages and pages off the book to make room for more photos! Now she is planning on making the short one with lots of pictures a children's book for ages 8-13 and then a longer one for adults. oh well, one day.

Good Luck with your book. I hope it is a huge success!

Darlene
    www.karenbrain.ca

Best of luck!!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Totally super cool. Really!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

The first copy arrived here today! Kate's in San Francisco for a few days so she won't get to see it until Wednesday night. This is totally cool!

Hi Kate,

I sent email to the coordinator at the LIFE CENTER at RIC, and the SCI peer support coordinator and the coordinator for caregiving and women's support groups at RIC. I think this would be a great addition to the Library collection. The LIFE center also has guest speakers, including many authors who read from their books and tell their stories. If you plan on a book tour/signing, spin by the center!
    If you need any additional info/contacts, plz let me know.
    Last edited by chick; 12-19-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chick
    Hi Kate,

I sent email to the coordinator at the LIFE CENTER at RIC, and the SCI peer support coordinator and the coordinator for caregiving and women's support groups at RIC. I think this would be a great addition to the Library collection. The LIFE center also has guest speakers, including many authors who read from their books and tell their stories. If you plan on a book tour/signing, spin by the center!
    If you need any additional info/contacts, plz let me know.
    Wow, thanks--I'm currently in the process of getting the book into reading groups around the Pacific Northwest. My plan with that is to show up and read for them and collect some kind of (hopefully) positive feedback, which I can then send on to bookstores in other places so that they can recommend the thing to their reading groups. If the book does well, imo, it will be because of that sort of semi-disorganized word of mouth recommendation.

Your email is an example of that kind of thing in action, and I'd love to follow up with your contacts . . . thanks so much, and please PM me with the details. It would be great to go out to Chicago and read!

The people in my office (none of whom knew me until a few years post) all have been getting their copies in the mail and bringing them by my desk for autographing. Too strange! I have to say I'd pretty much forgotten what it was like to have your family life so thoroughly exposed to strangers. This is taking me back.

Mazeltov!

Ordering my copy now.

Kate, they ordered a copy for the Center!

P.s. my email exchange with them sent to your PT.
    Last edited by chick; 12-19-2006 at 09:25 PM.

Kate I'm not much on reading but I will order this , I sent you a PM