Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Book Is Finally Out There!

I really want to get your book... but lulu ships UPS and I've had horrible experiences with UPS charging exorbitant "brokerage fees" for stuff going to canada... any idea if you book will be available for download? or have any of you other canucks out there managed to get the book without getting charged 50$ extra? Seriously, I've been charged 15$ on a 2$ item before,not from the customs but from UPS itself. Otherwise I'll have to wait till I'm traveling in the States to get a copy!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by catlady
    I really want to get your book... but lulu ships UPS and I've had horrible experiences with UPS charging exorbitant "brokerage fees" for stuff going to canada... any idea if you book will be available for download?
    Shipping to Canada from Lulu is indeed a problem. I hope these suggestions don't lead anyone astray or create extra work:
    - If the boojk is in distribution it will be available soon from Barnes Noble, etc. Their shipping to CA is cheaper than Lulu's.
    - If Kate wants to go to the trouble, she can have a few books on hand to ship to Canada via regular postal mail. A note to this effect, with the shipping charge and an email address, can be put on her Lulu storefront. - fw

thanks firewheels!

we'll look into how to do that . . . in the meantime, I'd be glad to ship from here to anybody who wants to PM me their address.

I received Kate's book in December (BC, Canada) and I don't remember any large fees with it. I don't remember now if they charged me shipping fees when I ordered it. Anyway, it's a great book Kate, and I just need to find time to finish it. I found that when I started reading it, I couldn't put it down, so I made myself put it away. I think I can take it out again now though!

I'm so glad you got to publish your book, and I just love it so far. It brings back a lot of memories though! ......... a lot of things I had completely forgotten about!

Darlene
    www.karenbrain.ca

I really really really want to order your book, but im having trouble ordering if off lulu- just keeps saying theres an error when i go to proceed with order, maybe its cos im in England? Anyone fancy sending me a copy over the pond!!
    Birdy

Birdy, send me a PM with your address and I'll send you one myself. So you all know, it's only another couple of weeks before it's up on Amazon and Barnes and Noble websites, which ought to make things easier.

Darlene, your post made me think of another story--okay bragging alert, avert your eyes everybody--I stopped by our neighborhood grocery store the other day to see if they needed any more copies. They've been nice enough to set it out at the checkstands and sell it, which is cool because all the checkers have read it and keep talking it up to customers.

So, this one checker Jamie tells me that she just sold a second copy to a woman, and I asked if the woman was going to give it to a friend. No, says Jamie . . . "she was reading it and got halfway through and put it down someplace. She couldn't find it and it was driving her crazy because she really, really wanted to see how it all turned out!"

lol, I told her she could have just given the poor woman my number; I'd have been glad to tell her the end in person.

Well I put in a request at the local library for your book, so I'm hoping they will purchase it and add it to there catalog.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

I wanted to say I bought your book a when it first came out picked it up and at work to read and did not realize it was over hour had passed so I save it for a bussiness trip, It made my 8 hours on a plane fly by. I read it and relate to the feeling we had when my father was in the hospital.
    Wonderful book
    Tab

Thank you so much for that--I seem to get 2 responses from people

One is that they can't stop once they get started, and the other is that they have to stop frequently because it's too hard.

I'm just glad I wrote the thing when I did, because I don't think I could do the experience justice today.

We marked the 6th anniversary of the accident yesterday--bittersweet day.

Myco

Quote Originally Posted by Myc0
    Well I put in a request at the local library for your book, so I'm hoping they will purchase it and add it to there catalog.
    You can go to www.paralysis.org and get an intra-library loan. Here is the link: http://66.155.166.219/TLCScripts/int...ysm&Branch=,0,
    Your librarian can contact the Paralysis Resource Center to borrow the book for you if the can't purchase it. Just another option for you.
    Every day I wake up is a good one