Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tone in Legs Driving Me Crazy!

i've had success lately at getting my tone to chill out with magnesium supplements + multi v's. i'm 80mg of baclofin but would like to pare it down.

Pic is backpacking Alaska '93. How about 2012?
    In my experience, be careful with mangnesiu. Long befire I was spastic my doc gave it it me IM for some other reason, and I got really weak and my orthostatic hypotension got a lot worse. Don't know if there is any advantage over baclofen.

how much pain do you have

i have same thing going on i had a baclofen pump put in to try and get a grip on my fucken legs the pain that came with is so bad didaudid cant even give me a break iam a t5-t6 avm 6 years pain started about half a year after operation whats sad is i have kicked the crap out of every one i love good luck and i pray the burning never gets you

how much pain do you have

i have same thing going on i had a baclofen pump put in to try and get a grip on my fucken legs the pain that came with is so bad didaudid cant even give me a break iam a t5-t6 avm 6 years pain started about half a year after operation whats sad is i have kicked the crap out of every one i love good luck and i pray the burning never gets you

My legs do the same thing. When I lean back they will stick straight out for a few seconds then drop slowly to the floor. If I lean back real slow, then tense my hip flexors, I can get them to lift at that moment. If I try to stop them from dropping to the floor I can get them to hold in position for a very short time. If I wait a minute I can get them to stick out again. On the bright side, I have been able to fire my quads and hamstrings in different positions over a small range of motion. We use a portable weight stack with ankle cuffs. It is so much fun to be able to move that weight even though it is only a pound or so.
    My quads are toned all night long. It is hard for me to bend them at the knee, pulling up with my hands, when they are straight out. I usually get help first thing in the morning so I can bend, stretch, and relax them.
    Injured 7-22-06, T-11 T-12 complete. [Holds up cardboard sign] "Will work for returns."
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

After nearly two years of excessive tone my daughter was injected with botox. There has been a lot of controversy re this procedure. It is still too early to see the long term benefits, but, if she doesn't progress the effects wear off in three months. I have also heard that The Wave, The Power Plate or The Galileo, which are used by astronauts is suppose to really help w/ tone. The high vibrations also help prevent ostreoporsis...we hoping to buy one. A few gyms have them in the U.S. although I have heard that they are all over in Holland.

my legs do alot of the same things. i can actually trigger spasms by flexing my ab muscles. when i lean back, my legs will shoot out for a while, if i lean forward, they calm down. thats not the bad part though. my more common spasms are my knees bouncing. basically my feet kick up and down randomly and my entire lap bounces, the best way to make these spasms stop is to lean forward onto my lap, but they usually start back up again. stupid calf muscles always wanting to bounce! ive always attributed these spasms to sensitive feet
    T-10 complete, May 8th 2005(Mother's Day)
    Cripple Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Thusa
    my more common spasms are my knees bouncing. basically my feet kick up and down randomly and my entire lap bounces, the best way to make these spasms stop is to lean forward onto my lap, but they usually start back up again. stupid calf muscles always wanting to bounce! ive always attributed these spasms to sensitive feet
    That's called "clonus" and it's a pain. I hate it so much when my body does it that when I see AB people sitting, tapping their feet, I want to reach over and make it stop.

i can actually trigger spasms by flexing my ab muscles. when i lean back, my legs will shoot out for a while
    Have you tried standing? I was first able to stand by triggering those extensor spasms.

C.