Thread: Straw Hat Pizza Goes All Out To....

Exclamation Straw Hat Pizza Goes All Out To....

..assure customer satisfaction or:
    The squeaky w/c user gets a free pizza:

FW: Your California Veggie Pizza...
    Standard Header|Hide Pane
    Allen Strege <astrege@strawhatpizza.com>

Add Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Steven,

I apologize for getting back to you so late, but I wanted to give the owner of the Placerville Straw Hat an opportunity to respond to you.
    I just spoke with him and he assured me that he would respond to you by email.

Straw Hat is an unique structure in that we are a Cooperative Corporation where all of the existing stores are independently owned and operated. The
    Cooperative staff work for the owners. I cannot respond directly to the quality and the execution of the pizza that you did receive, but I can say with confidence
    that the recipe and the product for this particular pizza has been a standard for many years. From your description it appears that the pizza served was not
    prepared to the standard recipe and more important not to the standard that you expected.

I'm hopeful that the owner, Greg Linton, will be in contact with you and that he will be able to resolve your displeasure to your satisfaction.
    Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your situation so that our owner in Placerville is allowed the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Allen Strege
    Regional Director
    Straw Hat Cooperative Corporation

Greg Linton, the owner of the local Straw Hat Pizza that delivered a very skimpy veggie pizza, sent me an email with the store phone # asking me to call. I called and we talked yesterday and by five-thirty PM he had delivered a very substantial replacement ex-large California Veggie Pizza free of charge.

I'm impressed that the chain works so diligently and effectively to try to assure the satisfaction of customers who contact their website with a complaint.

Steve

P.S. I'm still eating the pizza and it's great.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

When The System Works

It's good to learn that capitalizm is working for you. You could have blown them off and gone to another pizza maker. Straw Hat obviously wants your business and is willing to do what is necessary to keep it.

My favorite kind of pizza but it has to be veggie and thin crust....mmmmmm!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Great work Steven.. you damn picky some beach.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    Great work Steven.. you damn picky some beach.
    Thank you Jeffery....

The thing is that I'd gone to Straw Hat's website looking for a complaint contact and found only a general purpose email addy. I used it expecting nothing, thinking that that would be the end of it and at most I'd get a "We're sorry...blah, blah, yada.." reply from someone at the website. Add to this general expectation that my email message:

From: STEVEN SXXXXXX [mailto:stevenschreck@sbcglobal.net]
    Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 5:26 AM
    To: info@strawhatpizza.com
    Subject: Your California Veggie Pizza

People;

I have ordered pizza from the local* franchise of Straw Hat Pizza three times now. I am displeased with your Californa Veggie Pizza.

The first two times I ordered (for delivery), I got your Extra Large "Straw Hat The Works" pizza and was quite pleased with it. The third time I ordered your Calif. Veggie and have been quite disapointed with the skimpiness of the pizza over all and its virtual lack of flavor. I have cooked vegetables in many ways and have almost always managed to produce tasty meals with and from them.

The Veggie pizza I got weighed perhaps sixty percent of what the comparable size "The Works" pizza had and was visually spartan in its vegetable toppings; not at all like the picture of it on your website or in your coupon flyers.

I am planing to call and tell the manager of the local* franchise just how displeased I am with the Calif. Veggie that was delivered. I don't see why your company and his franchise couldn't deliver a tastier and more substantial pizza.

Thank You,

Stephen Sxxxxxx

*3970 Missouri Flat Road, Placerville CA
    (530) 626-8511

..went out on Nov. 16, and you can see both why I'd about forgotten about it and was quite pleasantly surprised when the reply email message from their website and the one from the owner/manager of the local store came yesterday.

Steve

J.B.S.Haldane

Closure

Closure/Update: yesterday I sent an email to the guy from the Straw Hat website who's a customer service rep, I guess.
    Allen,

I'm a little late in getting this out but want to let you know that I contacted Greg at the local Straw Hat and relayed to him my experience and feelings about the veggie pizza. We reached an agreement and that evening he personally delilvered a replacement Calif. Veggie pizza that was substantial, tasty and even looked much like the ones at your website and on the coupon flyers that arrive in my mail regularly. Greg even suggested I check out the appearance of the pizza when he delivered it and I did and told him that it looked fine and smelled very good.

I was so impressed with the effective effort that was made to assure my satisfaction that I posted a topic to the large SCI (spinal cord injury) forum that I'm active in. If you'd like to see what was posted re. this topic, just use this link:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=73956

Thanks,

Juke_spin
    J.B.S.Haldane