Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE7 problem

Cool IE7 problem

I installed IE7 the other day and when I click on Windows Update it says:To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later.
    I don't get it. Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this.

I don't see anything wrong with that. It just tells you that you have to be using Internet Explorer. Those messages usually pop up when a person is using a different browser trying to get updates from Microsoft but go ahead and run the updates.

ie7 is full of bugs and the default settings are a killer for webmasters like me (adsense ads dont show up by default security settings~)

Use firefox its the most secured browser ever and has more features and is more user friendly as compared to internet explorer

Firefox is the official browser at NASA so there must b a good reason

sorry forgot to mention that microsoft and all thier products suck big time.

Welcome to open source

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bsnl
    ie7 is full of bugs and the default settings are a killer for webmasters like me (adsense ads dont show up by default security settings~)

Use firefox its the most secured browser ever and has more features and is more user friendly as compared to internet explorer

Firefox is the official browser at NASA so there must b a good reason
    I currently use Opera as my default browser. Do you think Firefox is better? Yeah, anything from Microsoft sucks. I was curious about IE7. What a mistake.

Oooooooooo I deleted IE 7. it was very much disliked!

I use Dragon and it was a mess using IE7. Got rid of it right away and went back to the six.

I upraded to IE7 and technically have had no problems with it. But I don't like it as much as IE6.... I don't see anything new in it that's worth an upgrade.

I'm one slow to change but today I'm finally going to give Firefox a try.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

i've tried IE7....slow. opera.....slower. been using firefox with the fasterfox addon for a few years now and i wouldn't use anything else.

dr. young mentioned the stumbleupon addon in another thread. i installed that on my firefox and it's a really helpful and fun feature. i clicked on disabilities and kept hitting stumbleupon and it brings up all kinds of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    I upraded to IE7 and technically have had no problems with it. But I don't like it as much as IE6.... I don't see anything new in it that's worth an upgrade.

I'm one slow to change but today I'm finally going to give Firefox a try.
    I completely agree Bob ....... oh and re the Firefox decision you won't regret it!!

I enjoy the Stumbleupon addon feature as well ... if you pick Bizarre/Odddities you get some pretty strange stuff ... I balance it off with Philosophy and Religion !

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 12-07-2006 at 10:52 AM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry