Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CRPA Miracle-Victory Within Reach!

I sent an email to all the addresses posted. Just to let you know people from Europe are listening.

The Ryan White bill and the autism bill passed yesterday. My understanding is CRPA language is still being negotiated. The word on the street is it is unlikely to pass as written, but, that is not unusual. Fingers still crossed here and holding my breath. It is very close.

PS (Thank you, Europe!)

Imus has been talking up the autism bill for months. He mentioned yesterday and again today that the bill passed but it was considerably less than what he and his wife had hoped for.

I have been sending him emails asking him to mention the CRPA. No responses to date. Feel free to contact him. He's all about promoting worthy causes so maybe if enough of us call he will talk about it.

I've had great response from family and friends helping with phone calls.
    We even have the OSU football team on it! A member of their team was injured on the field and they have been very supportive. GO BUCKEYES!
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

I'm actually thrilled about the autism bill. My younger brother, Mat, is severely autistic-diagnosed in the early 70's. He is my hero and role model. My number one wish is to regain use of my hands to speak with him, again, in depth using facilitated communication. He is non-verbal and uses this method to communicate. Before my injury, we talked a lot. Now, we can no longer speak privately. Some day soon!!

I digress. There are a lot of people pulling for the CRPA. Awesome Re: OSU football. They are on the national stage right now--that should help.

Okay, what does this mean from the Congressional record? Did we make it or not?

http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html

2:24 A.M. -
    Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.

S. 4091:
    to provide authority for restoration of the Social Security Trust Funds from the effects of a clerical error, and for other purposes

Mr. Thomas asked unanimous consent to take from the Speaker's table and consider.
    Considered by unanimous consent.

H.R. 6429:
    to treat payments by charitable organizations with respect to certain firefighters as exempt payments

On passage Passed without objection.
    Mr. Thomas asked unanimous consent to discharge from committee and consider.

Considered by unanimous consent.

H.R. 1554:
    to enhance and further research into paralysis and to improve rehabilitation and the quality of life for persons living with paralysis and other physical disabilities, and for other purposes

Carl R-

All I've got so far are rumors. One is from a credible source (a House aide) is that it passed the House at 2:12 a.m. today. We have no idea in what shape or form.

Re the Senate, nothing yet from the Hill. Can't find it on the internet. I have a bad feeling. I think we'd have heard if it passed. Either it was defeated in the Senate or they haven't gotten to it yet. Fingers still crossed.

Does anyone know what the amendment from Barton stated?
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Nobody that I've heard from...It's all very mysterious, I'll have to say.

Currently posted.........

12/9/2006 2:16am: Committee on Energy and Commerce discharged. 12/9/2006 2:16am: Committee on Veterans' Affairs discharged. 12/9/2006 2:21am: Mr. Barton (TX) asked unanimous consent to discharge from committee and consider. 12/9/2006 2:22am: Considered by unanimous consent. 12/9/2006 2:22am: H.AMDT.1220 Amendment (A001) offered by Mr. Barton (TX). 12/9/2006 2:22am: H.AMDT.1220 On agreeing to the Barton (TX) amendment (A001) Agreed to without objection. 12/9/2006 2:22am: On passage Passed without objection. 12/9/2006 2:22am: Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection. 12/9/2006: Received in the Senate.
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Yep, there it is. If I don't hear something soon I think I'll hop a flight to DC. The Senate needs to be looking a few of us in the eye while they discuss this if at all possible...