Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: CRPA Miracle-Victory Within Reach!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake
    The CRPA passed in a Republican House. When it reached the Senate, it was reported to be held up by a couple of Senators. The Senate broke at 6 am today and the CRPA did not pass.

Thanks everyone for your hard work.
    Are we sure it can't come back up today or tomorrow? The Senate calendar still shows votes for today on other issues?

I recieved an e-mail message at 2:22 am today from an extremely reliable source. This is what it said:

"Subject: HR 1554

Passed at 2:20 am.

Congratulations!"

That means it definitely passed in the US House of Representatives.

I've seen nothing in print yet on the Senate side. A friend rather close to it relayed the message it was held up. If the Senate has indeed not yet adjourned for good in the 109th Congress, I'm still crossing my fingers and holding my breath.
    Last edited by Susan M; 12-10-2006 at 02:53 AM.

Thomas.loc.gov updated for bill HR1554:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...9:HR01554:@@@R

"12/09/06--Passed/agreed to in the House: on passage, passed without objection
    12/09/06--Received in Senate"

No updates yet for the Senate--bill # S828

I received my info from a lobbyist who is very reliable. I don't know any more. I cried when I heard it passed in the House, relayed the news to a friend, Cried again when I heard it didn't pass the Senate.

What can I say, evidentally we made a difference with all of our calls to the House, lesson learned I guess.

Be proud that we moved it out of committee and to a vote in this lame duck sessin. The National call in as well as the House and Senate visits made a difference.

Again,thank you everyone who offered encouragement, support and a helping hand.

My son is heartbroken, me I don't quite know how to explain the politics to him.
    Last edited by cheesecake; 12-10-2006 at 12:08 AM.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I received my info from a lobbyist who is very reliable.
    Yes, I know you did, cheesecake. When I didn't see anything definitive, I still held out hope. That hope has dwindled. Damnit. Argh......so close.

The CRPA passed in a Republican House. When it reached the Senate, it was reported to be held up by a couple of Senators. The Senate broke at 6 am today and the CRPA did not pass.

Thanks everyone for your hard work.
    Who was those Senators?

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Who was those Senators?
    That is the question. As John Smith said, this is deja vu. We never found out who the 1 was last time. All we have are guesses.

It's a mystery for the ages. How does a roomfull of 100 men that REALLY like to hear themselves talk, keep a secret???