Thread: suicide

suicide

a guy i know calls up a friend and curses her out blaming her for his screwed up life and he's suicial. he's a functioning quad with money overusing his oxy's. my friend is married with kids and never had a personal relationship with the man just friends. i tell her to ignore him. i know some people here claim they are suicial and depressed and get all bent out of shape when no one offers help.
    really what is expected of us when someone says, i'm going to kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Afraid
    a guy i know calls up a friend and curses her out blaming her for his screwed up life and he's suicial. he's a functioning quad with money overusing his oxy's. my friend is married with kids and never had a personal relationship with the man just friends. i tell her to ignore him. i know some people here claim they are suicial and depressed and get all bent out of shape when no one offers help.
    really what is expected of us when someone says, i'm going to kill myself
    I knew an ex-tweaker couple for a few years and the guy was fond of telling everyone he was going to kill himself.

Then I wound up staying with them for a few weeks (they were off the tweak) while looking for a new place and one night when the guy made his usual claim, I'd had enough. I got my compact 45 ACP and removed all but one bullet, then told him how to ready the gun to fire and how to shoot himself in the head effectively. Then I handed him the gun.

He went outside and walked around in the vacant lot next to the house for about twenty minutes. Then he came back in and gave me back the gun and said he guessed he didn't really want to kill himself.

If I didn't know he was FOS, I wouldn't have given him the gun and called his bluff, though.

Steve
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

It's just the oxy's talking.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

my friend is married with kids and never had a personal relationship with the man just friends. i tell her to ignore him.
    IMO you were correct in doing this. Her responsibility is for her husband and her family and her own well-being, not to him. If she were to get involved with his problems, it would negatively affect her family. The fact that he is verbally abusive to her, not just seeking the support of a friend, says to me that he is dangerous. I would end the friendship for the safety of my family.
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

I would have given her the same advice. Not everyone can save the world..
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown