Thread: The New Life

The New Life

I didn't believe people when they said it would get easier after the first year, but recently things have been on the up and up and i'm finally getting settled in my new life. I've recently had a SP catheter put in and I cannot begin to explain all the stress it has relieved for my family and I. I was drinking very heavily for the first 6 months after I got out of the hospital, but now I don't feel the urge quite like I was. I've enrolled in school for next semester and start Jan. 22nd. I can't really explain why the sudden change in my attitude and outlook on life have changed so drasticly, but I almost feel like i'm back to normal self just with wheels as legs. Such a relief. I just wanted to take some time to thank everyone here at CC for all the advice and caring messages. I honestly dont know how I would have made it without this site. Thanks everyone.

Its great to hear you are getting back to your old self...dont let the disability define who you are. What are you thinking about studying in College?

Im glad you are feeling better and things are settling down....you have alot of life to look forward to..

Good luck in college.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

This is great news. I hope it quits snowing when you go to school! I went out today for the 1st time since it snowed-(My middle name is slacker)-I couldn't get anywhere. I had a stationary wheelhair, my son said it's like a treadmill on the ice. We need chains on our tires! I actually told my son "I don't know how the ones in college do it."