Thread: Despite setbacks and controversy, promising research is underway.

Despite setbacks and controversy, promising research is underway.

Despite setbacks and controversy, promising research is underway.

Dec. 11, 2006 issue - Seventeen years ago, Richard Burt, an immunologist at Northwestern University, had a crazy idea. What if he could press the "restart" button on his patients, destroying their faulty immune systems and building them new ones? The regeneration process would be hard, but he'd heard about something called stem-cell research that might help. It took eight years to get FDA approval. "When we did that first patient," he says, "you could have cut the atmosphere with a knife."

continue story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16011377/site/newsweek

Great work Manouli,

Your research and posts are terrific !! You're my hero !

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    Great work Manouli,

Your research and posts are terrific !! You're my hero !
    Schmeky my friend thanks for your kind words. I my self learn so much here from all of you, and I am very hopeful that the near future is very bright for us.

In your opinion, what do you think is the most promising research into treatments for spinal cord injury so far? Thanks,manouli

Quote Originally Posted by manouli
    Schmeky my friend thanks for your kind words. I my self learn so much here from all of you, and I am very hopeful that the near future is very bright for us.

In your opinion, what do you think is the most promising research into treatments for spinal cord injury so far? Thanks,manouli

Manouli,

I am trying to figure that out, just like everyone else. We need to try and figure out who will benefit the most from emerging remyelination therapies.

By the way, I can't send you a private message or an e-mail.