Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 19 Year Old Nephew C6 C7 Complete

[quote=MotoRacer598]Lore,

I got my schedule for my tourney I wont be able to make it to jackson the only day I would have time would be friday but the traffic to make it back to W.P for a 5:30 game will kill me. I will be in Ft. Lauderdale 27-28 i'm thinking the 28th I will stop in if thats fine with him. Maybe even have some thin mints! Did nick get the chance to watch this weekends races on TV?

Steve,

Too bad, but I completely understand. The traffic on I95 is killer under the best of circumstances, and Friday night at 5:30 is the worst time. I'll pencil you in for February 28. Nick will be home by then, and he lives in Miami, about 45 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale (about 20 minutes south of Jackson). Maybe you guys could be chatting online by then and work out the details. I gave him your information this weekend.

My sister is a Girl Scout leader, too, and last year she was cookie mom (probably not this year). I'll make sure someone has Thin Mints for you!

Nick looked terrific this weekend. We went to Outback for dinner. And they've started major renovations to the house. It's great to see progress.

Lore

Good to hear about the house work getting done! MMMMM Outback is good I had my family bring me some when i was in inpatient. Glad to hear he's lookin good and getting out on the weekends!

Definately look forward to talking with him and I will be down for sure on that weekend
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

Lore,

You should see if nick can come see the rugby tournament this weekend. If so heres a link for the info http://www.quadrugby.com/26-27/sched...uthflorida.htm

Let me know if he can i'm heading down fri morning so i'll check to see if you7 respond before I leave. If you guys just show up there I of course play for the Tampa team come say hi.
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

Steve,

I think that would be a great idea. I suggested it to my sister after talking to Anthony at the Florida Spinal Cord Reseach (?) hot line, but she wasn't sure because of the distance. It may happen. I'll mention it to her again. Anthony also said something about seeing if the therapists at Jackson could bring Nick (and others), but I don't know if any progress has been made on that idea.

I'm going to be in Orlando at a volleyball tournament all weekend, or I'd go. I hope it works out, but if not, there will be other opportunities.

Thanks and have a great tournament.

Lore

Anthony is a good guy he said that you had called the other day. I know at some of our tourneys some rehab centers brought new patients out but W.P maybe a little to far for jackson to bring patients.

Good Luck at the volleyball tournament and hopefully i can meet you on the 28th if thats fine with nick and family
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

swung by Jackson and saw Nick, accompanied by his beautiful sister, today. He's in very good spirits and for someone who was injured only a month and a half ago he's doing remarkably fine. I expected to find him lying in bed but instead found him wheeling around in a manual wheelchair. He's gotten great return and even told me he'd done a bed transfer on his own. Not bad for only a month post injury.

Anyways, I told him about this thread and forum. I'm sure we'll see him here in the near future looking for answers to some questions.

I mentioned you Steve and he's very interested in meeting you.
    C3-C4 complete quad
    since 1/2004
    "I don't fear death, only the method of dying"

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckd
    swung by Jackson and saw Nick, accompanied by his beautiful sister, today. He's in very good spirits and for someone who was injured only a month and a half ago he's doing remarkably fine. I expected to find him lying in bed but instead found him wheeling around in a manual wheelchair. He's gotten great return and even told me he'd done a bed transfer on his own. Not bad for only a month post injury.

Anyways, I told him about this thread and forum. I'm sure we'll see him here in the near future looking for answers to some questions.

That is awesome news! Thank you so much for going by. He does have an amazing spirit. We are very proud of him. And his sister is very pretty (you are right) and very devoted to her brother.

Last weekend, I made a chart for him of all of the chat room names (including you) who had said you wanted to talk to him, so when he gets home he will feel right at home in this chat room.

I'm so happy you went by!!!! Thank you again.

Lore

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckd

Great to hear he's doing good! I plan on stopping by on 27th or 28th to visit
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

Haven't heard anything here lately, is Nick still doing well? Is he back home yet? How is the remodeling going?

I stopped by his home a few weeks ago and visited him while he was on a day pass. I know he went home last week for good and that the renovations were almost done. He is doing really good and is a great kid I stayed for a few hours talking with him and his family. He has a great attitude and was looking forward to getting home he was even trying to figure out what car he wants to drive
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05