Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Murdered Friend

A Murdered Friend

A young friend of mine was murdered this week. His name was Anthony J. Tucker and he was 13 years old. He was a great kid. Always polite and respectful. Loved to play video games, skateboard, fish, and even took the time to play chess with me on occasion when he'd visit the house with my aunt and his father. When we first met over two years ago, he and his sister, Adrienne, were fascinated with my electric wheelchair and had a thousand questions about my injury and paralysis. We spent most of that bright, summer day outside so they could practice driving my wheelchair and take turns riding on the back.

This week, early Tuesday morning, Anthony was shot to death by his mother's boyfriend, whose name I can't bear to post here.

Anthony was running away from a fight between his mother and her boyfriend. Anthony was running down their driveway, just trying to save himself and his sister, when the boyfriend, the coward, shot him four times from behind with an automatic rifle.

There are no words to express the fury and sorrow.

Tomorrow, Anthony's father will collect the ashes of his son and try to gather what remains of his shattered life for the sake of his daughter. They are the bravest, strongest people I have ever had the honor to meet. If you would like to send them condolensces, contact me and I will give you their address privately.

Anthony was a good kid. He should never have died this way. I pray that somehow, some good comes of this tragedy.

You can read Anthony's obituary here: http://www.bangornews.com/a/class/ob...y.cfm?id=61202

And follow the story at http://www.wlbz2.com/ and http://www.wabi.tv/
    Last edited by Saorsa; 12-03-2006 at 09:07 PM.
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

sad

Sorry you lost a friend. Prayer's and thought's are with those who have to deal with this. Yeah, word's aren't enough....

Hey man...I am just so sorry. My condolences.

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family.

You can't say enough when a child's life is taken.

I'm very sorry.

Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

That's sad to hear.Will pray for you and hisfamily.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

So sorry to hear this. What a tradegy.....
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

That's terrible, so sorry that something like that happened. What kind of a worthless piece of sh!t guns down a frightened 13 year old? In one of the articles it mentions: A fund has been set up for the family. You can send donations to:

Sebasticook Valley Federal Credit Union
    P.O. Box 10
    Pittsfield
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

No fear .. Karma will rule ..... I'm so so sorry Saorsa .... prayers and light for you all !!!!!!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I'm very sorry to know of this, Saorsa. Please be as supportive as your can and is needed for them. Please be as open to moving on when it's time for yourself.

Steve
    Last edited by Juke_spin; 12-03-2006 at 11:31 PM.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane