Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sore from new shoes - can I 'fix' the shoes?

Sore from new shoes - can I 'fix' the shoes?

A month ago I bought a nice pair of runners which I love because they are my actual size because they came in wide, it's been nice not to have my shoes falling off all the time because they are two sizes too big. Of course they were expensive because they are wide.
    I thought they were fine but now there is a sore devlelopin above my big toe! And I can't exchange them anymore.
    Is there someway to fix the shoes? Moleskin or padding on the pressure spot?
    I'm sure the sore will clear up if I don't wear shoes as I caught i early - THANKS SPASMS!

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2
    A month ago I bought a nice pair of runners which I love because they are my actual size because they came in wide, it's been nice not to have my shoes falling off all the time because they are two sizes too big. Of course they were expensive because they are wide.
    I thought they were fine but now there is a sore devlelopin above my big toe! And I can't exchange them anymore.
    Is there someway to fix the shoes? Moleskin or padding on the pressure spot?
    I'm sure the sore will clear up if I don't wear shoes as I caught i early - THANKS SPASMS!
    could this be a cause of your night sweats if toe is hitting the bedding?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I don't think the sore is causing the night sweats as I generally don't like blankets on my feet. But next time I start sweating I will check if the sore is touching anything.

What about a shoe-stretcher?

Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hey Emi,
    My only suggestion is what we do for Dan.....
    cut the shoes, unfortunately. Cut the offending
    part to release pressure.
    C

I know exactly what you are talking about. I get a spot once in awhile in the same area. I would suggest taking out any inside padding that you can on the bottom of the shoe to give you more depth, and stretching the leather in the area doesn't hurt either.

Maybe try a thinner sock. Could it be a seem of a sock rubbing or can you feel a seem in the shoe where your toe would be? I have had this happen more times than I can count but I have to wear shoes a couple of sizes bigger because of a surgery I had. Only other thing is to attempt to stretch that part of the shoe. I do use moleskin occasionally but sometimes it slides around as well...

good luck
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Until it is healed, don't wear that shoe at all. Then, try making an X cut over the area where you have the pressure. Remove the shoe every 2 hours for the first day to see if you are getting red. If so, you may need to find a different shoe.

(KLD)

i went through the same thing a few months ago. i got tired of my feet lookin like i had water skis on. so i tried on an bought a normal size pair of nikes that i really liked. sure enough, i started getting a red spot on my big toe. i tried wetting them and stuffing things in em at night, shoe stretchers, everything i could think of. and same as you....the store was going out of business so no returns. i was so mad every night when i pulled em off hoping there'd be no red spot but lo an behold it would be there. i finally just gave them away and bought me a size and a half bigger skecher and haven't had a red spot since.

doingtime's idea of taking the padding out might work. i didn't think of that. maybe you could find a thinner material and cut it to fit inside so they won't hurt the bottom of your feet.
    Last edited by rollin64; 12-03-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    i went through the same thing a few months ago. i got tired of my feet lookin like i had water skis on. so i tried on an bought a normal size pair of nikes that i really liked. sure enough, i started getting a red spot on my big toe. i tried wetting them and stuffing things in em at night, shoe stretchers, everything i could think of. and same as you....the store was going out of business so no returns. i was so mad every night when i pulled em off hoping there'd be no red spot but lo an behold it would be there. i finally just gave them away and bought me a size and a half bigger skecher and haven't had a red spot since.

doingtime's idea of taking the padding out might work. i didn't think of that. maybe you could find a thinner material and cut it to fit inside so they won't hurt the bottom of your feet.
    The problem with Nike is that they have the narrowest toes of all sneakers. New Balance are pretty good and come in wider widths.