Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter on SHO or TMN

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    I feel kinda bad now for trash-talking Rita over the years.
    That's funny. I do, too. Her character seemed so needy and nosey.

I get the feeling that we haven't heard the last of Elliot (was that
    his name?), the guy who kissed Rita.

I feel the same way, guilty for disliking the Rita character as much as I did. On the other hand, she was sort of whiny and demanding of affection. Another mark of a well written show is when the audience ends up feeling so conflicted, and they definitely have done that to me.

*spoiler alert* *spoiler alert* *spoiler alert*

A couple things bothered me about that episode.

1. Dexter being in Arthur's garage when the detectives arrived. That whole scene was kind of screwy. I think this will be a significant factor in the next season. My guess is Dexter will come clean with his sister and somehow she will come to terms with it and protect him.

2. Where did Dexter come from when the Mustang died and how did he bring Arthur back to the cargo container?

3. How could Arthur's family not have mentioned "Kyle Butler" when they were being removed from the house and Dexter standing a stone throw away?

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post

1. Dexter being in Arthur's garage when the detectives arrived. That whole scene was kind of screwy. I think this will be a significant factor in the next season. My guess is Dexter will come clean with his sister and somehow she will come to terms with it and protect him.

2. Where did Dexter come from when the Mustang died and how did he bring Arthur back to the cargo container?

3. How could Arthur's family not have mentioned "Kyle Butler" when they were being removed from the house and Dexter standing a stone throw away?
    HAHA! I do that, too. Poke holes in their plot. Glad I'm not the only
    one.

I guess Dexter was hiding in his Mustang, since he knew that Arthur
    would visit the body shop and he obviously wasn't following him.

This leads me to wonder when Arthur could've killed Rita; If he did.
    It had to have been after Dexter put them in the cab, but before
    he visited the body shop.

The reason for the car trouble seemed strange as well. When could
    Dexter have pulled that part off of it without having been seen?

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post

That's why, although I loved John Lithgow and really enjoyed the season, I don't think the writing is up to snuff. Too many WTF? moments throughout the season.

I read an interview with the producers after the finale and they specifically stated they do that so each person can fill in their own story in relation to their emotions, experiences, etc.

They can't give us everything!

As for the last part ... Dexter and Trinity 'got each other' but their timing was off ... Dexter had no idea about Rita ... and Trinity had no idea that Dexter was onto him, instead of mourning Rita and dealing with that.

The storyline with Kyle Butler and Trinity's family is not over. They'll re-visit that in Season 5 and will be dealing with the aftermath all next season ... according to the interview I read. The producers said Dexter may go completely mad ... or may stop killing in relation to what happened to Rita.

No matter what - the 'careful and neat monster' has had his first failure. Can't wait for next season.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Why couldn't Deb been the one in the tub? I've always liked Rita.. Deb bothers me.. Great season.. can't wait 'til next!

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Spoiler alert***********

I figured that it was Dexter who had tinkered with Arthur's mustang in such a way that it would go a few miles and then break down.

You're right though about Dexter being in the garage. I see no possible way he could have explained that if asked.

deb did ask dexter what he was doing there and he said something about it (Trinity being Arthur) getting out.

uggg, although i wanted rita gone, i didn't think or want it to happen like that sheesh. what a punch to the gut.

i too wondered why arthurs family didn't finger dexter. when he walked out the garage i was thinking, hide you fool.

i was also surprised that deb didn't connect the dots.

jennifer carpenters acting has gotten much better this season.

and micheal hall looks much better with hair.

did anyone watch the interview between lithgow and hall? micheal is kinda strange.

Antiquity, I thought the same thing about Michael C. Hall's hair (or lack thereof) in the interview. I am not sure what look he is trying for, but it doesn't work and he should wear it more like the Dexter character!