Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Use of the phrase "Confined to a wheelchair"

the great parking?? good god almighty...do you drive a ramp van?? geez louise, i hardly go anywhere any more cause of the parking crap. after almost 21 yrs, i'm sick of fighting it. and i drive a lot, all over this country...until bout a yr ago when i got tired of it. i go to the theatre, concerts, hell, my son's soccer games and the parking sucks.

talked to city halls, ppl, called cops, business owners....blah blah. gets REAL OLD.
    Last edited by cass; 12-01-2006 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cass
    the great parking?? good god almighty...do you drive a ramp van??
    First, it was a joke. Second, gods no! I drive sports cars. Third, you have a valid point about the difficulty in finding parking for your type of vehicle. Lastly, lighten up! It was a joke.

C.

sorry! parking is lately sore point w/me!! am actually considering suing for the first time in my life after latest city hall said they never heard of ADA!!
    Last edited by cass; 12-01-2006 at 05:15 AM.

sorry! parking is lately sore point w/me!!
    Hey, I feel your pain! At least a little. If it makes you feel any beter, I have started noticing recently that van accessible parking spots are the rarest kind and I feel guilty when the only gimp spot available is a van accessible one and I use it.

am actually considering suing for the first time in my life after latest city hall said they never heard of ADA!!
    Sheesh! You're kidding? What idiots! My husband and I are doing extensive renovation on a house and our plan approver (or whatever they're called) told us that the ramp I wanted didn't meet code, but that if we left it off the blueprint (wink-wink, nudge-nudge) he would approve our permit. I'm trying to figure out who to speak to in our city to ask them if this is normal practice or an aberration.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    It seems like all anyone around here notices is the worst that can be associated with disability. Hardly anyone talks about the great parking!
    Make a list with pros and cons associated with disability. Now, with the info you already know, Do the math!! I'm not sure of how many ppl. wake up each day thinking of how much they can do bc of their disability.

Parking? It's the single most thing I look forward to everytime I go out..
    I mean, it's what I'm in it for...

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    Make a list with pros and cons associated with disability. Now, with the info you already know, Do the math!! I'm not sure of how many ppl. wake up each day thinking of how much they can do bc of their disability.

Where can I get one of those Fxxking shirts?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

sorry! parking is lately sore point w/me!! am actually considering suing for the first time in my life after latest city hall said they never heard of ADA!!
    It has recently started to be a problem for me too. It is pretty bad when you plan your grocery shopping trips around the times there is likely to be a parking spot available. In our town, usually after 8 at night. Most retirees dont drive after dark and since all the retirees here have their handicap tags, parking is horrendous.

Explain this to me: They go to the track to walk or to the fitness center to get their excercise but can't walk 40 feet to get into walmart? I don't care if the bigger parking place is farther down the parking lot...I will gladly park there. I just need a bigger spot to be able to get out of the vehicle.

Sorry I dont want to hijack this thread....but this bothers me more than any name that anyone could ever call me.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    our plan approver (or whatever they're called) told us that the ramp I wanted didn't meet code, but that if we left it off the blueprint (wink-wink, nudge-nudge) he would approve our permit. I'm trying to figure out who to speak to in our city to ask them if this is normal practice or an aberration.
    Are you trying to turn someone in for attempting to help you out?

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Is that a purple witch sticker adorning that cool sweatshirt???

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Are you trying to turn someone in for attempting to help you out?
    She didnt get a purple witch sticker from the building inspector.... LOL