Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When life gives you lemons......

When Life Gives You Lemons

Try This
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 12-01-2006 at 05:58 PM.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Sometimes life gives me crap and the crapaide I have to make with it is a little tough to choke down but someones gotta drink it.

Don't feel bad Daisy...I don't have the matching utensils either! And my sincere condolences on the curtains not fitting---a Correlle horror story if I've ever heard one---and I've heard oh so many!

Foolish Old--now THAT lemonaide recipe might have me asking life for a few lemons! What do you say Trish?

Crapaide ------->LOL! Good one Jeff B!
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

WM-
    I'm all for the Foolish Old version of lemonade. I need to make a pitcher or two around here. I think there must be bad karma in my house this week. Yesterday I was resting on the sofa for just a minute trying to de-stress. I had taken my contacts out and had my glasses beside me just in case. One of my sons came in yelling about some mysterious noise. He scared me so bad that I jumped up, my glasses fell on the floor and then I stepped on them and broke them. Now tonight I have a nurse here. He (this male nurse) was trying to move my husband's bed when he rolled it over a floor register and it crushed the register. The wheel of the bed fell off and down the vent. The whole time my husband is in the bed, and I am at a high school hockey game with the kids. Somehow he managed to fish it out and get it back on the bed, but he was a little frazzled when I got home. He (the nurse) is resting in the kitchen right now eating a piece of pizza. (hehe) Glad this one happened to him and not me.

No broken dishes yet, but there is always next week. I guess it's good to know that the freak-out fairy visits lots of us.

P.S. My husband sent me flowers today just to let me know how much he appreciates everything I do. First good thing all week.

Trish

Geez these threads seem to pop up in the nick of time .... its almost uncanny!
    Anyhoo .... I don't have any"more" corelle left ... yes they's all broke ... but I do have a few stonewear plates left .. relics of a wedding gift given close to 30 years ago ! If I break them we'll have nothing left to eat off of !

My latest meltdown came just this past week when Bill and I went to a conference in Winnipeg - stayed in a reasonably fancy shmancy hotel ('cept they gave away our handicap room .. little mixup in the reservations even after we confirmed them 'kay .. whatever ... took the bathroom door off ... its all good) Decide to leave the gala banquet early (really really bad entertainment ) Trek across the skywalk to get to the dark wee side hallway for elevators that access the hotel (for us gimps so we don't have to go outside in -20c to -30c plus with the windchill but are only available in THE DAY TIME ... cause we all know we gimps never go out in THE EVENING .... 'kay .... whatever! People coming and going .... passing us .. laughing ... exchanging glances, holding hands etc. etc. ... you get the picture .... Bill and I pathetically staring through the window trying to get someones attention to open the door so we can get to the ELEVATOR so we can get to the HOTEL ................ I LOST IT ...... pounded on the window - to get someone's attention - promises to find someone with a key - staring at my feet so no one can see me crying ... Bill comforting me .. "no sense getting upset Joyce these things happen .. someone is coming yada yada yada ...... " someone finally does come .... feeling like a child ... I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs ... " All we want is to just be able to go about our business like everyone else a**holes .. so just unlock the f**king door ............ please !
    I have no idea why that situation got to me so bad ... it just did .... we've been in far more intimidating situations ... there was just something about that moment that seperated us so vastly from everyone else ...... I just couldn't help it!!!!!!!!!!

Just when I think we've got it under control .... something like that happens and I feel like we're back to square one ..... it helps to know we're not alone .... but boy I really hate sci ...... sometimes !
    I do have a soft spot for lemonade though ... haven't tried the crapaide yet .. but I expect to ... before too long ..

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 12-02-2006 at 01:02 AM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Joyce--sometimes it's like you come right off this screen and into my dining room. I'm totally crazy about you, girl, I really am.

The details of your story got to me . . . the two of you trapped, watching others get to be careless, trying to be patient, again. Familiar territory, eh?

Joyce...

What an experience! It's true what Kate says... Your writing make me feel like I am right there. We have our annual Christmas party for my office at a fancy restauarant Sat nite and Don isn't going because he says that he never goes out at nite (we call it being a reverse vampire)so... I have learned to go alone to these things... I think as time goes by, he may venture out for some nite activities... we shall see...

Sieg

when life gives you lemons...

Study citrus medicia
    Eric Texley

I am going to start a thread of my own.....

I drank some rotten lemonaid last night so yall check it out......LOL I dont want to hijack Trish's thread....LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Last edited by martha; 12-09-2006 at 06:19 PM.