Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather

Weather

Today in New England , the Temps were in the mid to high 60's and now there saying maybe snow this weekend these chages really get to those with Arthritis , which I have in my back. LBUSH

I hear you there. Here in the UP of Michigan the weather has been back and forth 50's to 20's , wet, damp, snow, sleet. It is killing me. My entire body hurts from injury down. I just want the temp to change and stay there!

A question about whether

I used to love the changing of the seasons, I loved the extremes. I mean, I loved it when it was freezing and I loved it when it was hot, now I have to put up with the extreme temperatures, instead of enjoying it.

Let me ask you guys a question, if you have the choice would you live in a part of the country that is warm all year? Let's say a city like San Diego or Florida?
    Dave H

Quote Originally Posted by Dave H
    I used to love the changing of the seasons, I loved the extremes. I mean, I loved it when it was freezing and I loved it when it was hot, now I have to put up with the extreme temperatures, instead of enjoying it.

Let me ask you guys a question, if you have the choice would you live in a part of the country that is warm all year? Let's say a city like San Diego or Florida?
    I live in south Florida. Believe it or not, we have temperature extremes, too. When the cold fronts pass, the temp can vary from 80 to 60 or 50 in a matter of minutes. And it's cold with the wind and dampness. About a week ago we had wind chill in the 30s. It was tough on my arthritis. Indeed, a constant temp is easier to deal with than the drastic fluctuation. We go from need of AC to the heater in the same day. But I still love living here. At least we never have to deal with snow and ice on the roads.

In 1975 I lived at Key West for a year I lovethe warmer air myself but my wife likes the changes too even with her arthritis she's a tough working lady and I mean LADY .........LBUSH

Myself would be warm all year round, I hate dealing with the snow and ice which is what we get in northern Alabama. And no more often then we get it even an inch cleans out the stores and shuts everything down. Just not equipped to handle it. And stupid drivers.

High today 76°, tomorrow is supposed to be no more than 38°. I hate the extremes. Not looking forward to the storms coming through.

Both my parents are polio survivors. They go to AZ in the winter. They both say that is great down there. Dry heat, and temps stay relatively the same. It does cool down in the evening but is warm by early morning and stays decent throughout the day. My mom usually goes off all her medication when she is down there. They both say that thier aches and pains go away when down there. If given the choice, because of the pain it would be nice no having to deal with the temp changes barometer changes, I would like to live in a more steady climate. I must say thought I love seeing the changing seasons though. It is most definately Gods Country up here, and I dont ever see myself leaving if I can manage the pain.

I would love a climate that is generally warm year-round. Two days ago was in the 60s and today was about 18. The changes aren't fun and my breathing doesn't like it either. However, I like the changing of seasons, as long as I'm inside and know the nurse can come, no snow storms.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

After getting just over a foot of snow a few days ago and wind chills of -15, I would definatly enjoy some warmth! The weather has been crazy lately.
    ~Ashley~

My Mother too was a polio surviror , the winters always bothered her too.