Thread: Opana new pain medication

Opana new pain medication

Has anyone tried this new med yet ? And if so does it help headaches too. I read about it but nothing was said about headaches . thanks
    SM/ACM Surgery in 1999

When the world says "give up"; hope whispers "try one more time"
    -anonymous

what type of headaches do you suffer from Raz?i too have been contemplating a switch to opana i just ,like you,want to see more info on it.it appears every "new and improved' med that i have tried over the past couple years always ends up causing me some really horrific side effects.and now they are coming out with new info on the effects of lyrica on the kidneys,i know it did something to mine.

there are just sooo many unknowns with all these new meds that i have decided pretty much not to try anything new til its been out for a few years.god only knows what some of this crap can do that we just don't know about yet.but from what i have read on opana,it a pretty basic opiate so there isn't alot of behind the scenes wierd chemical interaction within the brain like with lyrica and cymbalta,which was a whole nother nightmare for me.

i was just wondering what type of headaches you are getting or what is triggering them since there are a whole lot of different ways to treat those.i have been getting migranes since i was thirteen,the second puberty hit me.i also have recently started getting c spine headaches and also headaches from my anerysm too.why not?so i DO have some experience in this area anyways.good luck should you decide to try the opana.marcia

Its not for me , a friends 16 yr old daughter has terrible headaches and suffers from what I have ACM/SM . Just wondering if it works well for headaches
    SM/ACM Surgery in 1999

When the world says "give up"; hope whispers "try one more time"
    -anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by firesmurf
    what type of headaches do you suffer from Raz?i too have been contemplating a switch to opana i just ,like you,want to see more info on it.it appears every "new and improved' med that i have tried over the past couple years always ends up causing me some really horrific side effects.and now they are coming out with new info on the effects of lyrica on the kidneys,i know it did something to mine.

there are just sooo many unknowns with all these new meds that i have decided pretty much not to try anything new til its been out for a few years.god only knows what some of this crap can do that we just don't know about yet.but from what i have read on opana,it a pretty basic opiate so there isn't alot of behind the scenes wierd chemical interaction within the brain like with lyrica and cymbalta,which was a whole nother nightmare for me.

i was just wondering what type of headaches you are getting or what is triggering them since there are a whole lot of different ways to treat those.i have been getting migranes since i was thirteen,the second puberty hit me.i also have recently started getting c spine headaches and also headaches from my anerysm too.why not?so i DO have some experience in this area anyways.good luck should you decide to try the opana.marcia
    I started on Opana Er 20 twice a day Friday was on oxycodone 7.5 four times a day. My pain absolutley escalated on Friday night but today is Tuesday and I can say I see some relief but it is not working no 12 hours that is for sure I am on Ultram ER which helps some but nothing else for the break thru pain. I am tolerating med ok no nausea dizziness some sleepiness about all. years ago I was on oxycontin and I think it worked much better or maybe my pain was not as bad then either. Hi to the forum I stumbled in here.

just what IS ACM/SM?

hi bumble,and welcome.thanks for the info.Marcia

Quote Originally Posted by firesmurf
    just what IS ACM/SM?
    Arnold Chiari Malformation & Syringomyelia
    Daniel

wow,from what little i know of the chiaris they can be pretty damn painful.this is where the brain kind of sinks into the spinal area isn't it?is she under a good PM doc for ongoing care or a neuro?do you know what has been tried?i don't know if this would be even possible considering where the pain is actually stemming from ,but have they looked into the different forms of stimulation,i know they do some newer one having to do with the vagus nerve in the brain now i think?or even a MS pump?has she had any types of surgeries done yet?she really has my sympathies.god,i wish i could help you more with this,but the chiaris are a bit out of my area.perhaps doc wise might have some ideas?i do hope she can find something to help with her pain.i know how much pure head pain just sucks and can just shut you down.please keep me posted on how things are going with her.i do feel just awful for her,and only 16.marcia

Opana IR

Can anyone tell me if there are any side effects to the opana ir? My husband has been diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia, and they started him out on Oxoycode, and didn't seem to last very long, so they changed him to fentanyl patch and he said that didn't help any at all, so they switched him to this opana ir 10 mg, and he took it earlier today and he felt better than he has in awhile and then he took it shortly after we ate supper and he started feeling like crap, I can't find any information on the internet about the side effects of this stuff, and there is no information whatever on the paper that came with it, the doctor said that it should help him, and make him stay clear headed etc,,, and if this does work then they will put him on the one that lasts for "12" hours,,, if there is any such thing..

Thanks
    Jill

I have been diagnosed with chronic abdomonal pain. I am still fighting with doctors to keep ruuning test. Like most I was constantly given pain medecines that did not work. Doctors thought I was crazy. One month ago I finally was told to go to a pain management docotr because the only way I was getting any relief was from the ER.
    The pain doctor started me off on Fenteyal patches and morphine tablets. Major freak outs. Within a week I took myself off te patches and asked for something different.
    Two weeks ago I started on Opana Er (exspensive at heck and have had to go to 4 different pharmacy's to find it) and have no side effects. Just a day ago I went back to the pain dr. to get off the morphine tablets because I was having muscle spasms.
    I am now on Opan Er and Ir. I asked the doc isn't this all the same crap? Morphine?
    He said basically yes but they are all a little different that is why my body can handle the Opana but not the morphine or patches. I am going to give this med until my next appointment and if it doesn't help the pain I will move on to something else. Does anyone know of anything that helps with chronic pain but doesn't cost a life savings or make you sick? I also don't want to feel like a zombie. I was offered oxicotin but said no because I heard it was bad stuff.(addicting)
    I was also told morphine will not help with migraines. In the past I would have to take the morphine for abdomonal and back pain and 2 tylenol or percocet for the headaches/migraines.
    If a pain management docotr is an option for you GO. I put it off for over a year thinking I was going get lectured,told I was full of it, etc. but it is so much easier to get anything better or bigger than percocet/vicodin.
    Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!!