Thread: Still having BM trouble.

Still having BM trouble.

The doc didn't find anything wrong mith me after my last problem, but something isn't right with my bowels.

I have only had small BMs since the checkup. I do digital stim, and it seems like things don't start coming out until I've been sitting there almost 20 minutes. I get a little gas, then a little round turd. Wait a few minutes, repeat digital stim and same thing.

When things were normal, once I got things started, it was pretty much a constant flow until I was done.

I think it was Friday, after 30 min on the pot I didn't get any results, so I used a magic bullet and sat for another 30 minutes. I got results, but still not alot.

I haven't had any accidents since the checkup, until today. I did my normal BP this morning, showered afterwards, then about 4 hours later I had a big messy BM in my pants. It wasn't liquid like before, but it was runny.

My mom got home from having surgery last night. She was resting and I didn't want to wake her up, so I tried to clean up myself. It was too much of a mess. It got all over the bed, my legs and the floor, so I had to call her to come help.

I don't think it was something I ate. All I had to eat up till the accident was a bowl of cerial, a cup of OJ, and a cup of coffee.

I had the same cerial, OJ and coffee yesterday for breakfast, a sandwich and chips for lunch, and for dinner spegatti that was leftover from a few nights ago.

I was just about to get in the standing frame when I had the accident. I need to stand, but I don't want to have an accident while in the standing frame.

The gastrodoc didn't find anything wrong with me, but something has to be causing this.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Jim, can you describe your typical rountine?
    Bowel program- prep/methods
    Nutrition (incl time of meals)
    Meds

man...one cannot control the bowels, only live in peaceful existence with....

after reading this, i became so nervous, i crapped my pants.

seriously, can't be a control freak when it comes to the bowels.

I have the same trouble, I use Mirilax everyday and if I skip one........ here we go again. It is liquidy but I do keep moving
    just thought it might help

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02

Originally posted by chick:

Jim, can you describe your typical rountine?
    Bowel program- prep/methods
    Nutrition (incl time of meals)
    Meds
    Wakeup, breakfast, craper, shower, get dressed. I do digistim only. I will use a supository (magic bullet brand) if I go several days without any results.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

jimnms - It has been not quite a month since your GI evaluation - is this correct? Have you regained any of your original bowel program in relation to length of time, consistency of stool, usual routine? What is your daily fluid intake? What do you usually eat throughout the day? Are you getting a good amount of fiber in your diet?

You mentioned the spaghetti that was a few days old. I am wondering, with some of your description, if that had started to spoil and you had touch of food poisoning.

Does you GI doctor care for many persons with SCI? Do you have a SCI doctor?

Just to inform me, what is your level of injury and how long had you been having problems when you were evaluated in February?? CRF

Originally posted by tippyx:

man...one cannot control the bowels, only live in peaceful existence with....

after reading this, i became so nervous, i crapped my pants.

seriously, can't be a control freak when it comes to the bowels.