Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the most exotic places where you have been

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    in europe most of the men wear speedo.does not mean that all the europeans men are homosexuals.i know that in usa a man who wear speedo is not very popular.what about the girls and bikinis?
    Adi, too many men who wear Speedos look like they are walking around naked. You've worked cruise ships, right? Fat men with beer bellies should NOT wear Speedos. Now you look very nice in one...

Last month, and I can't decide which is most exotic, I was on top of the Acropolois in Athens (HEAR THAT Royal Caribbean!), eating lunch in the last caravansary at the western end of the original Silk Road in Kusadasi, Turkey, rolling up a ramp to the Tomas Mall in Constanta or in Odessa a tie between seeing the Potemkin Steps or all the curb cuts and an actual, slightly ancient, paratransit van. Did I mention being in the Blue Mosque in Istanbul on the last day of Ramadan?

Adi, which cruise line did you work for and do you know much about the Constanta area please post the information at Cruisecritic.com. Click on Boards and go to the disabled forum. Many cruise lines have added Constanta to their inventory of stops. Other than a good warning about the Romi (NOT Romanians) and petty theif the ships have little knowledge of the area. A bar or restaurant in a nicer area with a ramp and big WC would rake in money from the disabled cruisers. Well, good food, decent prices and bottled water help too.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton
    Adi, too many men who wear Speedos look like they are walking around naked. You've worked cruise ships, right? Fat men with beer bellies should NOT wear Speedos. Now you look very nice in one...

Last month, and I can't decide which is most exotic, I was on top of the Acropolois in Athens (HEAR THAT Royal Caribbean!), eating lunch in the last caravansary at the western end of the original Silk Road in Kusadasi, Turkey, rolling up a ramp to the Tomas Mall in Constanta or in Odessa a tie between seeing the Potemkin Steps or all the curb cuts and an actual, slightly ancient, paratransit van. Did I mention being in the Blue Mosque in Istanbul on the last day of Ramadan?

Adi, which cruise line did you work for and do you know much about the Constanta area please post the information at Cruisecritic.com. Click on Boards and go to the disabled forum. Many cruise lines have added Constanta to their inventory of stops. Other than a good warning about the Romi (NOT Romanians) and petty theif the ships have little knowledge of the area. A bar or restaurant in a nicer area with a ramp and big WC would rake in money from the disabled cruisers. Well, good food, decent prices and bottled water help too.
    sue i worked for carnival cruise lines ,miami fl.regarding constanta[black sea]
    romania,is a nice place to visit ,but for disabled is not very accesible.
    i can say the same thing regarding paris airport.two days ago i had a very bad time beeing a quad in paris airport.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Oaxaca,

wouldnt of made it w/o a physically able friend (he is legally blind but strong we made a funny pair, got alot of siamese twin and brain vs braun comments )

EF

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    DUDE!!!! Not a Speedo!!!!!! MY GOD!!!! Please post a pic with you wearing something a lil more than a speedo...YIKES!!! I swear men should NOT wear those things...
    Jeepers, are you a prude, or what. Adi looks good in that Speedo, IMO and that's not a queer speaking here.
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

The coburg penninsula in arhnem land ( the big aboriginal resrve),which is in the northern territory.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    sue i worked for carnival cruise lines ,miami fl.regarding constanta[black sea]
    romania,is a nice place to visit ,but for disabled is not very accesible.
    i can say the same thing regarding paris airport.two days ago i had a very bad time beeing a quad in paris airport.
    I've only been through Orly and I wouldn't want to go back as a quad. The lay out is terrible and how a gimp gets to customs and luggage pick up I can't imagine.

I think Romania would be great if we had more than a few hours to see it. The new Mall is accessible except they had a new car displayed right where the ramp starts at the first floor. Someone will win it soon and hopefully no one else will block the ramp for advertising. But I did have a 10 year old gypsy girl trying to ride my wheelchair down the ramp on a caster wheel. There was no way my husband was going to let her near our backpack on the rear of my chair. I got used to dealing with the Romi in Italy.

I think making a restaurant near a museum accessible would make someone a lot of money though. The cruise lines sure aren't making it easy for the disabled to go ashore. I'd love to do a Danube River cruise someday and see the archeology sites being dug up.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

thailand, laos, and india.

Isle of Pines, New Caledonia
    Cape Horn, Chile
    Iguassu Falls, Argentina & Brazil
    Abashari, Hokkaido, Japan
    Mount Osorno, Lake District, Chile
    Guanajuato, Mexico
    Glacier Bay, Alaska
    Pompei, Italy

(KLD)