Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scammers!

scammers!

I had to go look in the mirror to see if I had stupid writen across my forhead, nope sure didn't.
    I have my '90 Dodge Grand Caravan up for sale, I posted it and had one guy respond to the ad wanting to purchass it sight un-seen and have his shippers pick it up and he will send me a casheirs check for it. I may be back woods but I do have a TV and see the reports of scams.
    Why would you want to buy something at a low price and then spend all the money to ship? this thing is not a collectors item.
    I was polite on my response though and said that I required cash only due to scams and if he would like the shippers to hand me the cash he could.
    It just pisses me off to think that ppl would actually get away with this type of scam still. and then to add insult to injury he wanted more info than needed to buy a vehicle. ....

thanks for letting me vent

Hi Darrel,
    Yep, they are out there in great numbers, trying to rip off innocent folks constantly. Good that you were quick to sense a rat in this guy. I almost fell for something just recently when I got an email telling me I needed to update my account. It looked exactly like the real thing with graphics and everything. Something made me check the detailed headers and then I noticed the email originated in Korea, which I knew was fishy. Whew!

Ha, was out in my shed trying to warm it up so I can play a little and thought. (I do this sometimes) "Will this person be foolish enough to try this with my boat also?" I just put it up for sale too last night.
    Makes me wonder if they think ppl are that dumb. We shall see.

Old Scam

The Niggirian have been doing this scam for a while now. I normally play along with the scam like an unsuspecte victim to waste their time a hopefully save an unsuspected victim some money. Plus, I get them to spend time and hopefully some kind of money on their BOGUS money order by paying for the mailing.
    AstrO

Quote Originally Posted by NetoAnAstro
    The Niggirian have been doing this scam for a while now. I normally play along with the scam like an unsuspecte victim to waste their time a hopefully save an unsuspected victim some money. Plus, I get them to spend time and hopefully some kind of money on their BOGUS money order by paying for the mailing.
    I got two off those in the same day from 2 different 'doctors' in the same town in Nigeria. I introduced them to each other via email with a little cut and paste. The guy in the hospital in Dubai who thought I was a nice Christian woman and wanted me to help him keep his greedy relatives from getting the billion bucks he wanted to go charity. I sent him the number and email address of the ALD, Lorenzo's Oil, chapter in Dubai. Even offered to arrange for their lawyer to visit him in the hospital so every dollar helped the little boys. Never have gotten another email sent through Dubai.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I posted a cat for adoption a while back. I got no less than 20 offers to purchase the cat and have it shipped to another country, usally somewhere in Africa. The emails were mostly about the shipping arrangements and needed my personal information to send me a check. NONE of them asked any details about the cat.

I forwarded all the emails to the FTC as I do with those Nigerian-I've-inherited-millions-but-need-your-help-to-cash-my-check scams. I don't know if they ever investigate this stuff. I'm sure it's just too big for the agency to handle, but I'm doing what I can. Here's their email address...

spam@uce.gov
    AB, Husband is c5-6 inc quad, 25 years post injury.

they enjoy eating cats. thats why they didn't ask about the cat. as long as it's alive , it's fresh meat.
    oh well

Quote Originally Posted by kenf
    they enjoy eating cats. thats why they didn't ask about the cat. as long as it's alive , it's fresh meat.
    OMG.... that's horrid!
    AB, Husband is c5-6 inc quad, 25 years post injury.

damn, wish I had known about this a couple of months ago when I was catching them..ha,ha

Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    damn, wish I had known about this a couple of months ago when I was catching them..ha,ha
    Yes indeed, speaking of cats.....you never did finish that thread! Inquiring minds wanna know how things turned out

Tom