Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you work?

I am a computer programmer and my insurance pays for most stuff that I need, including 100% of a new chair once every 36 months.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

High school teacher. Insurance covers most things...

I worked f/t as a speech language pathologist and my DME suppllies were covered under my company's insurance.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I had my own business. I have SSDI as well as personal dissability insurance, I am on Medicare but also covered under my wife's insurance. I also have VA benefits, they cover all meds an supplies.

My husband (L1) just went back to work as a police dispatcher. He is on the same insurance as when he got injured so we don't have to worry about pre-existing conditions. They cover pretty much everything.

I used to work with a SCI guy (have no idea what his injury level was, knew nothing about SCI at the time) who started in health insurance customer service and worked his way up to a sales rep. He, of course, had awesome insurance working for the company.

Police & Fire Dispatcher. Customer Service at my local natural gas company but then the police job came along a month later. Switchboard Operator at my local hospital. Data entry clerk. Even worked at a pizza joint answering the phone, working on their computer billing - even scrubbed the toilet a few times - blech!

I've never been fired and always left on good terms.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Part time seasonal clerical position for British Columbia Ministry of Forests Protection program, trying to become one of those evil DME sales types that everybody loves to hate

I've been running my own business doing doing web sites for over 7 years now. It doesn't provide enough for my own insurance yet, so funding comes from my father's employer.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

I live offthe government, volunteer a couple days a week, go to the gym a few times a week, take care of my kids on weekends, plus my housing co-op duties... I don't have time for a job lol.
    Last edited by christopher; 03-22-2008 at 12:18 AM.

Baron, I had asked the same question last year. Check out the thread here
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.