Thread: sick

sick

I have been sick now for about a month with uuper respritory anibotics are done and feeling better but I did something to my ribs on the right side they hurt as if I broke them. My husband said it was from all the coughing that I bruised them. I can't lift with that side and they just hurt extremely bad to the point that I cryed last night for the fact that it was hard to even move. Any suggestions. The bad part is I am still coughing as well and I want to just cry when I cough!!!!!!!!PAINFUL! My vycodin is not helping so I have been using heat and tens unit. AWWWWWWWW
    Jennifer

You may have broken a rib or two. It can happen from coughing. Sorry you are hurting. Maybe you should go for an Xray.

I have to wait until tomorrow until the doctors opens I don't like going to evening care here in town would rather wait for real doctor thanks for the input though good idea.
    Jennifer

Broken ribs are very painful. I broke several in the accident when I was hurt, and I swear for a while THEY hurt more than anything else.

Hope you get it resolved soon.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

You might have strained some of the intercostal muscles between the ribs. Don't count on any of our guesses though, you really should have a doc check it out and probably get a chest x-ray to make sure the infection isn't taking a bad turn. See your doctor!

Sometimes coughing is very difficult on already compromised chest muscles. I would think that if your coughing has subsided the pain in your side should also go away in a day or two. If it doesn't I would definitely have an x-ray and be thinking that you might have cracked a rib. Sorry you hurt so badly.

update

Thanks guys for all the information. I decided yesturday to not wait and went to a convient care place where they did x-rays she seems to think that it is just an injury to the muscle and the rib from coughing. Sh gave me some ibuprofen and said switch with tylenol and I also have flexeral. So I should be feeling better. My follow up appointment with my doctor is friday. Thanks again. It helps to know people care.
    Jennifer

Mend quickly and well.

Quote Originally Posted by walkingstrong35
    I have been sick now for about a month with uuper respritory anibotics are done and feeling better but I did something to my ribs on the right side they hurt as if I broke them. My husband said it was from all the coughing that I bruised them. I can't lift with that side and they just hurt extremely bad to the point that I cryed last night for the fact that it was hard to even move. Any suggestions. The bad part is I am still coughing as well and I want to just cry when I cough!!!!!!!!PAINFUL! My vycodin is not helping so I have been using heat and tens unit. AWWWWWWWW
    Hey no pain or rib break here, but I feel for you. I have only been on antibiotics with an upper respiratory infection for about 11 days. The last time I had any URI was before my injury so I guess I was due dammit.

Glad to hear no broken ribs! Heal soon!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005