Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TOPAMAX for neuropathic pain

Hi, I am about to go on Topomax for peripheral neuropathy. I was wondering how you are doing. Are you out of pain, still taking Topamax, and how much weight did you lose?

How are you?

Quote Originally Posted by sissy View Post
    Has anyone tried Topamax for neuropathic pain? I have full body neuro pain that is unreal. I have tried many meds with no relief at all!
    I know you posted some time ago, but I was wondering how you are? Did you take the Topamax, and did it help with your pain? I have peripheral neuropathy (both feet), and a Rx for Topamax but can't decide whether to take it or not. Can you help me decide, with feedback?

Like any other drug, Topamax has helped some and for others, they have'nt been able to use it.

I tried it a couple of years ago and I think it was helping, but the cost stopped me from going on with it.

You should be able to find information in old threads on Topamax. Broknwing uses it and it works well for her.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtn memories View Post
    Like any other drug, Topamax has helped some and for others, they have'nt been able to use it.

I tried it a couple of years ago and I think it was helping, but the cost stopped me from going on with it.

You should be able to find information in old threads on Topamax. Broknwing uses it and it works well for her.
    SmokyMtn,
    Did you know there is a generic available now that is pretty cheap...Especially if you have a COSTCO, without insurance & with their discount card, it's only like $12 or $14 for 120 tabs of 50mg...like I said, extremely inexpensive! If you've got insurance of course it's even cheaper...

I SWEAR BY Topamax, now my mom & sister both take it & they've both noticed in addition to relief from their different types of neuro pain, it helps their foggy brains & my sister it also balances her moods out some.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

It figures, now that I'm going to the pain clinic. I put that off as long as I could. They have me on mst morphine and the hydrocodone, the gabapentin. I'm not out of pain, but they have it under control, at least at the moment. I still get some pretty bad days, but it's a lot better than it was.

I'm glad the topamax is still working for you, and it never hurts to know that I can now get it in generic if I have to switch meds. Since I know this, it would the first I'd ask to try. Thanks M. Hope you're doing better kid!