Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The fastest motorcycle in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Andy, here is a video of some of those suicidal people on regular roads between two cities over here, I can’t tell what kind of bike he is driving though; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYkcSKRZoR4
    Something doesn't look right with that video. If he's doing approx. 150mph-180mph when he passes cars going at highway speeds, thats nearly a 200mph closing speed. It might have been the camera, but he seemed to have a lot of time as he closed on cars travelling against him and with him.

I wish I knew how far apart the street lights are along the side of the road.
    Last edited by Herco16; 11-22-2006 at 08:48 PM.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16
    Something doesn't look right with that video. If he's doing approx. 150mph-180mph when he passes cars going at highway speeds, thats nearly a 200mph closing speed. It might have been the camera, but he seemed to have a lot of time as he closed on cars travelling against him and with him.

Herco, let me look into those q's, I know the road he was driving on although it is a bit far from here and I am not sure of the distance, I saw the video says 4:58 (which might not be a good indicator as for your Q, but still) between the two cities, so including the wheelie stuff and the stops it would give a good indication about the average speed. I’ll check here now.

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16

Herco,
    Between those two cites the road distance is approximately 20 km, although one could argue where the city limits are I think we could go for 20 km in distance, and as for the video which says 4 min 58 sec;

20 km = 12.42 mi => doing km here tough gives an average speed of simplified; (20.000 m/ 298 sec) * 3.6 = 241 km/h (average) => 150 mi/h (average).... As for the clock on the video that is.

Street lights it could vary although we have some standards, could the white dashed lines help as for this or other things for as to determine the speed? The distance I am quite sure about now, give or take some hundred metres/yards.

Anyway - You’re the police here and if you’d help some of them cops here I am very sure they’d be pleased, stuff like this kind of takes off much more now due to internet compared to before when some only lifted their wings a tad at a lonely road out driving the bike :-)
    Last edited by Leif; 11-22-2006 at 11:04 PM.

After Herco said something I rewatched the video. He's right, something is amiss. Watch the white dashes as they should be blurred at that speed as well as the oncoming cars. Also, he hits 303 km/h (188.27 mph) in a curve.. Not to say it's impossible, but highly improbable. I have to believe that as skilled of a rider it would take to ride those turns, he would have had the wheelies under better control. I think the speedometer gauge is skewed.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Leif,

The best things to measure are fixed objects like the light posts, beginning to end of concrete barriers and such. The tunnels would be great to use, they're not going to move or be repainted. Measure their length then divide by amount of time it takes him to go from one end to the other. It’s been a long time since I did any traffic investigation, but if I recall correctly an object travels approx.88 feet per second at 60mph. At 150mph, it would be travelling 220 feet per second. You'd have to do the metric conversion of course, and then time him from known point "A" to known point "B." You can get a very close approximation of his speed by determining how many meters he traveled in a few seconds.

Good luck! Let me know how you make out. I won't be on the board for a while due to well-needed vacation!

Thanks Jeff, I should have figured a fellow Suzuki rider would back me up!

Dave
    Last edited by Herco16; 11-23-2006 at 01:59 AM.
    Dave

I'm not too up on the kmh/mph conversions, but to answer speed, just count the upshifts and check the tach to see if it is intentially misrepresented. Motorcycle speedos are notoriously generous in their high speed readings also. The guy could have had a bigger sprocket in back also, but nonetheless the guy was flying. Nice headshaking wheelie landings, and I liked the part of almost tagging the wall, but I'll bet he had fun

60 mph is approx the the same as 100 kmh. Have to look more into this, there is a timer on the video.

If you liked that video, then you will enjoy these... this guy rides btw. cars at a pretty good clip..

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/282030..._untouchables/

Funny police chase..

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/232066...ase_motorbike/

Over 305/kmh..

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/237649/honda/
    Last edited by 2jazzyjeff; 12-02-2006 at 03:57 AM.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

as far as i have heard the tomahawk isn't even able to be operated by a human at the speeds claimed. is the claim they make based on real tests with a driver or is it just stats?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjumish1
    hey guys Yamaha Has launched its new bike Yamaha R15 in the asian market by targeting the main country India,

Ne ways i just want the review about the conmany yamaha from the international users
    Big deal.. it's only a 150cc bike.. woo hoo.