Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: soft roll casters

soft roll casters

anybody know where to buy 4 or 5 in. soft roll casters? i know where to get the frog leg brand but i'm lookin for the kind that look like just plain old 5 inch casters at a reasonable price. i have the 5 in. poly type on my chair now and everytime i hit a crack in the sidewalk, roll over a tile floor or go over a threshold the jolt makes my legs spazz and my feet jump off the footplate.

does anybody have the frogleg brand on their chair now? if so, are they truly soft? they look pretty low profile and don't appear like they would take much of the jolt outta rollin over rough terrain.

i have the 4" soft rolls from sportaid. they are purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis
    i have the 4" soft rolls from sportaid. they are purple.
    do you still use em regularly? i remember you sayin you didn't like em on carpet. i'm hardly ever on carpet so that won't be a problem. are they softer than the other casters you had an could you tell if they help cushion bumps an cracks? if so i might give em try, i believe they're even on sale this month.

Yeah, I didn't like them on carpet, but I got used to it.

I use them when I am off-road and in the winter time. Sometimes I'm too lazy to switch them out, so they've stayed on for a while.

I have hard rollerblade wheels and my softrolls. They are much softer and do help with the bumpiness. Do you have the spring front castors on your eclipse? I do, I think that helps some too.

I have the 4" rollin64 and love them. If you're a strong pusher the carpet wont bother you. Where they work the best is outdoors over gravel and dirt. The difference between the soft rolls and slimmer castors is tremendous. I also have the froglegs on my chair. I like them, but being that this is my first cchair, I can tell you if they work better at absorbing bumps.

Dave
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis
    Yeah, I didn't like them on carpet, but I got used to it.

I use them when I am off-road and in the winter time. Sometimes I'm too lazy to switch them out, so they've stayed on for a while.

I have hard rollerblade wheels and my softrolls. They are much softer and do help with the bumpiness. Do you have the spring front castors on your eclipse? I do, I think that helps some too.
    thanks jadis. i had the springs at first but didn't like the way they gave when leaning so i changed to the regular quick release. sounds like the soft roll alone would really help me. i'm hoping a softer tire will take that initial JOLT out of hitting a bump that these hard polyurethane tires have. i've finally got this chair halfway comfortable after turning the footplate around and getting the roho jetstream pro back. the only real problem now is these spazmodic legs jumping an bouncing my feet off the footrest.

Herco16... thank you for the input. i'm a pretty strong pusher i guess for bein quad. i do better on thin carpet with no padding but i can manage for short distances on thick stuff. having to push with the palms of your hands really makes for a shoulder workout, lol. luckily most places i go...my home, walmart, dept. stores, dr's buildings, all either have tile or thin carpet. i think i'll give em a try. looks like sportaid has the best deals so far. apparently soft rolls aren't very popular.
    Last edited by rollin64; 11-19-2006 at 10:16 PM.

OK...waaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic, but I had to tell you...

I mis-read the title of this thread, and thought it said soft roller coasters...LOL!!!

Duhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Teena

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    i've finally got this chair halfway comfortable after turning the footplate around and getting the roho jetstream pro back.
    YEAH!!!!! I knew ya would like the back!!!! now it took 'em long enough to get it to ya didn't it??? Glad you finally got it! and I'm glad that ya are finally starting to get comfy!
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by teena
    OK...waaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic, but I had to tell you...

I mis-read the title of this thread, and thought it said soft roller coasters...LOL!!!

Duhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Teena
    LMAO Teena!!! I love roller coasters...BUT I don't know of any soft ones...LOL...I know of some that ride rather smooth though...we could start a roller coaster thread if 'ya wanna chat coasters tho...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    YEAH!!!!! I knew ya would like the back!!!! now it took 'em long enough to get it to ya didn't it??? Glad you finally got it! and I'm glad that ya are finally starting to get comfy!
    i'm tryin to keep the thought in my mind that it was worth the wait, lol. yea this back is awesome. i can sit all day without the usual pains, pushed all over wal-mart the other day and didn't hardly get tired at all. the pushing don't get me tired, it was the pain and uncomfortable position i had to be in that wore me out. it's super soft and my fiance couldn't believe how much lighter my chair was when she was loading/unloading it. i'm very happy with it.

AND....LOL @ you teena.