Thread: An inventor in the house?

An inventor in the house?

Someone needs to come up with 'an umbrella sort of object' for when some of us are getting in/out of our cars. It needs to be durable enough to stand up to snow and freezing rain.

I'm thinking something that pops out from the roof of the car to the frame of the door when open ... so I'm underneath ... and warm and dry. At the push of a button.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Like the ones you have when you enter or leave an airplane sorta thing you mean. Hmm, have to think a bit more about that one but I’m sure new easy ways for as you suggestions here will be invented; meanwhile could a garage do the job? Other known technologies could be a catapult seat like the ones in fighter planes which could shoot you out of the car and to the spot where you want to be in a second.

It could pop up from the top of the passenger area or what about straight back from under the hood with a lever like the trunk.

I would buy one. I get more wet closing the umbrella than if I had just braved the rain....LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Most of the roads could be underground like the subways as well, but that is tad of a huge job as to not get wet I guess.

Or domes over major cities and populated areas, guess we will need such man made environment atmosphere inventions soon anyway since the ozone hole is getting bigger.

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

rednecks and umbrella

after a redneck bought an umbrella from a shop he opened the umbrella and made a hole with his knife.a curious lady asked him .........what`s the purpose of that hole?the redneck ......i have to see when the rain stops
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

A teenager at Hyde Park Christian School in Austin Texas had a real neat idea. Attached to the frame and the car door is a plastic sheet that stays taut when the door is open, like the skin of a flying squirrel. It's a start. Chief Don

Could be done by using an electric actuator , same principle as used on electric beds, attached to a plastic fold out frame.
    Might look a bit funny attached to the car but.

what about an umbrella that opens up in the form of a triangle that you can clip to the top of the door where the handle for the umbrella can also be magnetic and hold it to the hinge points of the door so that it doesn't fly away in the wind. And to make sure that it doesn't fly away, a string can be tied or connected somehow to the hinge so if the wind didn't catch it, it wouldn't fly away. Then you can get one matching the color of your car.

I actually have a lot of inventions in my head like a dog treat dispenser for people who can't use their hands, or a small elevating platform to help out people with only one or two steps down into their living room.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.