Thread: Moving his thumb!!!!

Moving his thumb!!!!

Hey everyone..I talked to my nephew Austin last night and he said that he moved his right thumb a little bit! He said that he got it to wiggle a tiny bit back and forth, but not up or down. But we don't care! That's awesome! (For those of you who don't remember, he is a C5 complete on 10-01-06, 12 years old.) That's a start, right? Any movement is better than none in my book! I just had to share because my husband and I nearly cried when he told us. We are praying for any part of his hands, so to hear that was truly a blessing. He is still in Rancho Los Amigos, but his parents are considering Kennedy Krieger as a next step so I will keep you all posted.
    Georgia

The thumb is definitely a start! Kennedy Krieger would be wonderful if you can swing it. Great reputation. Tell Austin we said to keep it up!

So happy to hear the good news! Movement in Austin's thumb is huge. My daughter transfered from a spinal unit which was very behind the times to Kennedy Krieger and we are so grateful that we were able to do this. If you can't go there I believe there are other places, which specialize in children. If you do make a change, the sooner the better. All of the best.