Thread: Call Today For Chris And Dana And You

Arrow Call Today For Chris And Dana And You

CALL TODAY FOR CHRIS AND DANA AND YOU

In April of 2005 at the first Washington Wheelchair Rally for the passage of the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Act Dana Reeve came to speak on behalf of her late husband, Christopher.

It was a cloudy cold spring day that makes one melancholy and even a little depressed.
    Dana Reeve, still grieving form her loss of Christopher, stood valiantly at the podium as the voice for Chris and the voice for the hundreds of thousands who could not be there. She spoke of Chris’ vision and passion and hope for the future.

Courage and dignity ruled that day and this community was inspired to continue the work that Chris had started. I was able to look Dana in the eyes that day and tell her how sorry I was for her loss and how much I and my family appreciated her being there for us. She was so gracious and humble as she made her way around the crowd that day stopping and sharing with everyone. Who would have ever believed that she too would leave us so soon?

It is with this image in my mind and heart that I feel an obligation to do whatever little part I can to carry their message forward and I hope that there are thousands of you out there who are ready to do the same.

This act is more than just a bunch of words on paper, it is an acknowledgement that our country is willing to recognize and support the paralyzed community.

Make this day count for Chris, Dana and yourself.
    Make those calls and don’t stop until you get through.

OPEN THE ATTACHMENT FOR THE SUGGESTED SCRIPT AND PHONE NUMBERS.

And if you have time this would be a great call to make as well.

Senator Edward Kennedy Massachusetts
    DC (202) 224-4543

Hi, ___________. My name is __________ from ________. I am calling regarding the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Act. (SENATE BILL 828). Senator Kennedy has been a great supporter of the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Act and a true friend of the over two million in this country who suffer from paralysis. I am calling today to request Senator Kennedy speak to Senator Enzi on our behalf and encourage him to bring this bill to the Senate floor for a vote during this lame duck session. Please thank the Senator for me for his continued support.

(Currently Senator Edward Kennedy (D-MA),is the ranking member of the Health Education Labor Pensions (HELP) Committee and Senator Mike Enzi (R-WY), is Chairman. This will be changing in January but it is not too late for the CRPA to be released for a vote by Senator Enzi. This would be noble gesture of bipartisanship
    Last edited by bostondad; 11-16-2006 at 11:04 AM.

Smile Just Made My Calls Easy

Just made my calls.
    It was easy and the messages were well received.

Be sure and call Senator Kennedy’s office too.

Thank you All