Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Duragesic/fentanyl patch use price placement??

I apologize, I can't quite follow your routine. But in any case, if her pain is not being adequately controlled, and it sounds like it isn't, she should probably have her dose increased - that is at the low end of doses for the patch.

Also, if she has more pain at some times, that may not be because there's something worng with the patch. People on long-acting opioids commonly have breakthrough pain at times - and it is generally recommended to have some fast-acting opioid to use for breakthrough pain, in addition to the patch. For example, oxycodone is a commonly used breakthrough med. There are also several types of fast-acting fentanyl available (Fentora is one, very good but expensive).

Unhappy

hi i share your and everyones frustrations.fentynal sucks cant live with it cant live without it.ive been using it for 9 yrs and am currently on 225 mcg along with 200 mcg fentura oral tabs for break through and lyrica.ive been on everything else as well at one time or another over past 13 yrs.ill admit ive used the patch in several ways i wont mention.ive scarred my legs for life from burns using heat and ive been thru it all.i cant tell how many times ive went thru extended withdrawal from runnin out to early.freakin out tryin anything to get relief from going to the er to callin everyone i know askin them to check thier med cabinets,i know it sounds bad and the reality was worse and its cost me alot.its turned me into someone else.ive recently got a handle on my use.see the problem is i notice it not working after exactly a day and a half.sometimes or should i say mostly i wait the 48 hrs but depending on my pain i put it on a few hrs early here to a half a day there and over a month it adds up.and lets not forget the days when the wife wants to something or thst event you want to go to so you use that little extra to get thru it and i say it in that tence cuz i know everything im sayin...im not alone. and im frustrated,say the least as every one else.im so sick of living like this,sick of how much layin in bed,not being useful most of the time not to mention what i put others thru.id beat the stuff but its that damn pain that im so intimate with.im so hoping they come up with a better solution.im sorry i dont think i have any positive useful advice,just my story.my honesty.hope it helps in some way.good luck.

Unhappy

hi i share your and everyones frustrations.fentynal sucks cant live with it cant live without it.ive been using it for 9 yrs and am currently on 225 mcg along with 200 mcg fentura oral tabs for break through and lyrica.ive been on everything else as well at one time or another over past 13 yrs.ill admit ive used the patch in several ways i wont mention.ive scarred my legs for life from burns using heat and ive been thru it all.i cant tell how many times ive went thru extended withdrawal from runnin out to early.freakin out tryin anything to get relief from going to the er to callin everyone i know askin them to check thier med cabinets,i know it sounds bad and the reality was worse and its cost me alot.its turned me into someone else.ive recently got a handle on my use.see the problem is i notice it not working after exactly a day and a half.sometimes or should i say mostly i wait the 48 hrs but depending on my pain i put it on a few hrs early here to a half a day there and over a month it adds up.and lets not forget the days when the wife wants to something or thst event you want to go to so you use that little extra to get thru it and i say it in that tence cuz i know everything im sayin...im not alone. and im frustrated,say the least as every one else.im so sick of living like this,sick of how much layin in bed,not being useful most of the time not to mention what i put others thru.id beat the stuff but its that damn pain that im so intimate with.im so hoping they come up with a better solution.im sorry i dont think i have any positive useful advice,just my story.my honesty.hope it helps in some way.good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    As i am commenting in 2010, hopefully you have "solved" your issues. Yeah right! My wife c-1/2 incomplete does this routine. Monday 25mcg Sandoz, Tues 12.5 mcg mylan (yep, i cut the 25's)Wed 25mcg Sandoz, Thu 12.5 mylan, Fri I replace 25 sandoz with new sandoz. So at all times she has 2-25's and 2-12.5's. Insurance allows for 20 patches per month. She swears some patches are duds or releases unevenly. Could be the body is doing its own regulation or withdrawals. Placement is 25's go on upper arm area and half patches go on breasts. She is level 8 pain 24/7.

One of the first things I learned about the patch was NOT to cut them...you have been lucky, your wife is right on when she calls some duds...when cut it releases unevenly...at 25mg I doubt you'd kill her but certainly you aren't applying as directed...why not ask the doctor to up the patch to 50mg's...

After wearing it on my lower back for 6 years, I have started wearing it on my upper/under arm, and I get much more pain relief there. My doctor told me not to wear it there, but it works for me.

As for keeping it on, I use Tegaderm Films over the patch and that really works. Amazon sells them.

Bad Mylan Patches

Has anyone found that a box of Mylan patches just didn't work? The last two patches I've used just don't touch the pain. Before I talk to the pharmacist, I'd like to know if others have found this.
    Thanks,
    deb