Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday Night Lights - opinions

Question Friday Night Lights - opinions

What does everyone think of the SCI portrail in FNLs?

Pretty good imho... I'm a little put off about seeing the legbag flopping around in every 2nd scene, doesn't the guy own long pants? But its real...

I kinda relate too it too much tho... change QB to inside linebacker, put him in Canada, and switch the cheating gf to a best female friend who had sparks w/ u who eventually just walked on u and its pretty much my SCI story

I'm interested to see where they go with the sex angle if it gets to that...

I haven't seen the program, is the guy with a spinal cord injury a regular cast member? If so, I'll check it out...I liked the movie.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

So far, I really like the show. I agree that is is going to be interesting to see how they handle some situations.

@rdf,
    hes a main character, injured star QB

Lights

Like the show and its premise. Thought the injured QB recovered very quickly. Also, I was never told in the hospital that ejaculation would cause permanent injury. Wait just a minute, my Mom warned that I could go blind.

Open Up,
    Dora Jahr

I only watched it once and thought it was crazy when she told him it was dangerous to ejaculate. The show was pretty good overall though. I hated that scene of him looking out the window at the end. I remember feeling stuck in the hosp looking out the window at the world moving on. That was too real.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I watch and enjoy the show also. I think he does a pretty good job overall. I look forward to seeing what happens next.

D
    I'm not short im funsized!

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue
    I only watched it once and thought it was crazy when she told him it was dangerous to ejaculate. The show was pretty good overall though. I hated that scene of him looking out the window at the end. I remember feeling stuck in the hosp looking out the window at the world moving on. That was too real.

what? did i miss an episode? when did he get told it was dangerous to ejaculate?

i must have mssed that episode... THATS STUPID...if they were going to be inaccurate they should have said guys with SCI have penises that swell to 8 inches and get hard all the time...sat least i coulda used that as a pick up in a bar

He was in the room with his gf and seemed like he got some reaction there. The nurse came in and he asked her something. I can't be specific, it was longer ago than yesterday. Anyway she said that it wasn't that he couldn't ejac but that he shouldn't. It was dangerous because it could back up into his bladder and cause him damage. I was like what the hell.... Made me mad because even though I'm definitely a woman and don't have to worry about semen we don't need any false sexual stigma. We have enough already.
    Translation I don't want someone watching that and looking at me thinking can't be with her an orgasm could kill her... It might kill because it's been so long but that's a whole other thread.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.