Thread: OT - anybody drive from manual wheelchair

OT - anybody drive from manual wheelchair

I know this is off topic but all the action is here or cure and no where else - I just bought a new van and plan to drive from a manual wheelchair (I am A para) and have no experience -is it a bother or is it better - any info would be aprreciated - also does anyone have a titanium chair

If you feel comfortable driving from your chair, go for it. I tried a van driving from my chair and I didn't like it, so I'm looking at a car that I can transfer into and load my chair easily.

And yes, I have a titanium chair.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Kenny - I am thinking about driving from manual chair also but am concerned about rear end collision. I posted over in Life: http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33910.

My problem with transferring to the six way seat is WHY, if there is a way to just pull under the wheel and drive off...

EM

As a para wouldn't it be easie to transfer into the motorized captain chair?

Post moved

I have moved this post over to the Life forum, which is a more appropriate locations where it will get more responses. It will be locked here.

Click here

(KLD)