Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don's first trip to Vegas a success!!

Don took his manual chair but wished he had his power chair because the carpets are like quicksand... He's strong but I had to help him near the end of the trip.

I know that Frontier and United have no weight limits for wheelchairs. Maybe a letter from your doc explaining the medical necessity? I can't believe that they would not let you take it... we had a friend, a C3-4 quad who brought his powerchair with no prolems on United.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQisforquad
    I was planning my first trip this Christmas but was told by the airline that my power chair exceeded the cargo weight limit and I could not take it.
    What airline was this? You need to look into this a bit further. Unless you are talking about flying on a particularly small aircraft which has a cargo hold that is physically too small to accomodate your power chair, I think you got screwed.

Start here: http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/rules/382SHORT.htm

C.

Travelling, for me, is the greatest sense of freedom. It makes me feel more like me than anything else. (After the annual bluegrass festival in Winfield KS LOL)

Congratulations to both of you for getting him out there! It IS a challenge. Travel always had the potential for misadventure, and now it's even more so. Persist at it, though, and your systems fall into place, you learn what you need and what you don't.

He'll learn to direct people so they don't dump him off the aisle chair too! I bet his helpers were terrified! Sure glad that was okay, a year from now he'll laugh about it.

I have been meaning to comment in this thread for several days. That is fantastic that the trip went so well! Hopefully this is the first of many great trips to come.

The females in my family have been talking about a girls-only jaunt to Las Vegas for several years. We haven't gotten around to it yet. I must admit that I am curious to visit there.

Thanks everyone!

OJ...

I have been to Vegas with girlfriend before and it was great! You should definately put it on your list!