Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: possible means to get back on a motorcycle... kind of.

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    the 1st thing that jumps out at me would be difficulty in transferring.. there goes that nice paint..
    Maybe some diamondplate along the sides.

how come power to weight ratio of a Corvette? why not, duh.. a Ford product?

looks really cool the more i keep checking it out.. 30K a bit pricey for a part-time driver..
    The butt looks kinda 'Vette-ish, maybe the builders are really Chevy folks.

It is decent setup, just checked out website, the mfr is only a couple hours from me. They are the same folks who do the MotorTrike builds. I think they may have another hit on their hands.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

i agree its a kind of something more like a mini convertible. heat & a/c would be nice but why not just put a top on it 2

i was at a trike shop in okc a few months ago that ford 3wheeler was there just the day before and they were letting everyone test drive it, would have loved to test drive & maybe interested in one if it was about 7k not 30 oh well a day late & dollar short

Here's another option to consider, especially if you already own a Harley or Yami.

Check out the Ghost Wheels for Harley-Davidson and Yamaha video, especially the second half.

It's more like riding a bike than those solid riding non-leaning trikes.

You'd need to rig up a good seat and suicide shifter or put in an automatic tranny but it's a lot more like riding a bike than a trike. A reverse gear may be a good option too but you can usually park it facing outward or ask some kind sole for a little push if you get stuck face in. I just wish the "training wheels" would fold up and outta sight once you were up to speed especially on an interstate or turnpike where you wouldn't be stopping and going etc.

And for long trips you can always add a small bike trailer to it and if you're travelling with friends, keep your chair and other supplies in it.

It's probably not an option if you're a quad with limited hand function though.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    I could get way realistic and talk about how crazy it is for a quad to even have an interest in riding motorcycles because of the danger, but as a race car driver, my credibility in this area may be sketchy to some people.
    nah. All you have against you in racing is speed. There aren't nearly as many stringent rules on street vehicles.

I know it's a little crazy, but such is life. I can think of a few things more "dangerous" than riding a quasi-car-bike-thingy I'd gladly do.

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    the 1st thing that jumps out at me would be difficulty in transferring.. there goes that nice paint..
    I thought about this too, but where there's a will there's a way. The seat heights (chair/vehicle) are pretty similar. If I were ever to get one, I'd just Line-X the lower portion where a chair could make contact with it. Problem solved.

Scott keep me informed on what they say. I saw this there as well! I was looking into buildin something on my own but would cost more then 30k I wonder if they would sell it in primer since i own a bodyshop i'll paint my own!
    I cant wait to get on a bike again man do I miss racing them!!!
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

hmm... in due time I suppose. I just received a reply:

At this time, Thoroughbred Motorsports and the Stallion are still in their infantile stages of growth. We are not indifferent to your suggestions and plans, but instead believe they are great ideas. However, at this time we are not able to implement them into the production of the Stallion. In three or four years, if this vehicle succeeds in the manner we expect, then we would like to look into these plans at that time.

Please keep in touch and follow up with us annually or semi-annually. This is something that we would like to re-consider once we grow the business.

Thank you again.
    a little bit of a bummer, but understandable from their standpoint.

at least they didn't shoot me down coming at them w/ one of my crazy ideas.

Scott - ask and you shall receive. www.martinconquest.com

I've been in touch with these folks for about a year or so. They should have U.S. distributorships set up by the end of '07 for availability here in the beginning of '08.

Total cost in british pounds is $21k and change which is about $40k here.

They are accepting deposits now. I'm still thinkin' about it with the main issue being where to park it?

I'm looking forward to seeing a few of these on the road in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chappell
    Scott - ask and you shall receive. www.martinconquest.com
    Huh. I just don't get that. It's huge. I would feel way dorky driving that from a wheelchair. Why wouldn't someone just drive a convertible car?

I'm still thinkin' about it with the main issue being where to park it?
    In handicapped parking spaces. It's almost as big as a car.

C.

Chris - you (or someone) posted that a while back, right? It's a cool idea (even if it looks like a boat), but I guess part of me just looks for ways to get out of the chair - you know, that whole feeling-more-normal thing. Regardless, props to that company for their innovation.