Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: possible means to get back on a motorcycle... kind of.

possible means to get back on a motorcycle... kind of.

so recently I attended to SEMA show in Vegas, and happened upon a new vehicle. The gears in my head started turning regarding the possibility of adapting it & I just sent a formal letter off to the powers that be at the company, highlighting the possibilities of making it accessible - we'll see what happens.

power to weight ratio of a corvette, fuel economy better than a hybrid.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves:

Last edited by -scott-; 11-13-2006 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    so recently I attended to SEMA show in Vegas, and happened upon a new vehicle.
    That thing is pretty cool, but it doesn't say "motorcycle" to me. Of course, I don't really advocate street bike riding anymore. Not totally against it, but there are just so many idiots driving cars out there. I barely feel safe facing them in a car myself.

C.

not the cheapest @ ~ $30k, but it is what it is.

specs, etc: http://www.thoroughbred-motorsports....nicalData.aspx

Chassis

• Thoroughbred Motorsports Frame
    • Air Lift Suspension
    • Progressive Shocks
    Powertrain

• Ford 2.3 Liter 4-Cylinder Engine
    • 150 Horsepower
    • 160 Ft Lbs Torque
    • Ford 5-Speed Automatic
      Transmission (w/ Reverse)
    Wheels & Tires
    • Billet Specialties 18x8 inch Wheels
    • BF Goodrich Tires
    Exterior
    • Hand laid fiberglass body
    • US Custom Paint
    Interior
    • Leather surfaces by Air Rider
    • Ford component sales gauges and shifter
    • Air conditioning and heat for
      both driver and passenger
    Additional Features
    • Power to weight ratio of a Corvette
    • 11-Gallon Fuel Cell
    • 7 cubic feet of trunk space
    • Fuel economy that rivals the hybrids
    • Front & rear billet wheels
    Dimensions
    • Length: 125 inches
    • Width: 62 inches
    • Height: 58 inches
    • Weight: 1600 lbs.
    Available Colors
    • Black
    • Candy Apple Red
    • Black Cherry
    • Silver
    • Pearl White
    • Yellow
    Last edited by -scott-; 11-13-2006 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    That thing is pretty cool, but it doesn't say "motorcycle" to me. Of course, I don't really advocate street bike riding anymore. Not totally against it, but there are just so many idiots driving cars out there. I barely feel safe facing them in a car myself.
    hey party pooper.

i'm not disagreeing w/ you, but try finding a two-wheel motorcycle that a quad with impaired hand function and weak trunk control could use.

Hey Scott,

Thanks for alerting me to this thread.

I like the ass end of this thing, front end kinda looks like a Vespa or something.

The PtoW Ratio claim is impressive as hell, where is that engine? Did a good job of blending.

Will be interesting to see if the powers-that-be at the company have an interest, they could do something cool.

Unfortunately for "us" anything with only 1 front wheel is gonna have to be called a motorcycle.

And hey, $30K ain't that bad, check ths out:

http://www.disableddealer.com/item_v...?itemid=110527

edit: holy shit, just looked closer at specs; A/C & heat too, that's a concept I could use in Tx heat.
    Last edited by McDuff; 11-13-2006 at 11:15 PM.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

my guess is the engine is up front somewhere. from a quick google search it appears to be the same 2.3l engine that the Ford Escape (hybrid and non) uses. I'm too lazy to find out what else it's used in - but coupled w/ a 5-spd auto tranny, there's not much room in the rear for it w/ a trunk - but i dunno... pic:

good find on the adapted bike on DD. $30k probably just feels like a lot to me at the moment... I mean, in my book this would more or less be a toy & not the primary means of transportation.

engine:
    Last edited by -scott-; 11-13-2006 at 11:31 PM.

hey party pooper.
    I could get way realistic and talk about how crazy it is for a quad to even have an interest in riding motorcycles because of the danger, but as a race car driver, my credibility in this area may be sketchy to some people.

try finding a two-wheel motorcycle that a quad with impaired hand function and weak trunk control could use.
    Oh, I think this is a very cool alternative to a real motorcycle. Way cooler than most alternatives I've seen, including that sidecar thing that is linked above. That just looks cumbersome and bulky and is the antithesis of what a motorcycle stands for to me.

$30k probably just feels like a lot to me at the moment... I mean, in my book this would more or less be a toy & not the primary means of transportation.
    Yeah, that ain't cheap, but some bikes can easily cost that much.

C.

the 1st thing that jumps out at me would be difficulty in transferring.. there goes that nice paint..

how come power to weight ratio of a Corvette? why not, duh.. a Ford product?

looks really cool the more i keep checking it out.. 30K a bit pricey for a part-time driver..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

good find on the adapted bike on DD. $30k probably just feels like a lot to me at the moment... I mean, in my book this would more or less be a toy & not the primary means of transportation.
    Actually I was trying to point out that the dude wants $40K for the bike on DD, hense the "$30k ain't bad". This thing could only be a toy, no way for primary transpo, so yeah it's still expensive.

I still want handlebars though

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    I could get way realistic and talk about how crazy it is for a quad to even have an interest in riding motorcycles because of the danger, but as a race car driver, my credibility in this area may be sketchy to some people.
    Yup, sketchy. As you know, when it's in your blood...