Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My stem cell treatment in China

I love seeing this stories like Romeo's and Bob's, etc and now Montana. All this was only a dream last year. I've read about a few that have recovered some already. But I sometimes wonder if some of the people that have posted here and have recovered some are not posting on here anymore or are not posting their recoveries. I wonder if they're too busy and have forgotten about us/ That's if there are such people.
    AstrO

Sounds great, good luck.

Is Wise Young involved and if so, what does he think. Montana how did you find out about this and how much does it cost?

The current cost is $20,000USD but I talked to Neil at stemcellschina on the phone last night and he said the price goes up quarterly. March 18th it should go up to $21-$23 grand. I may be heading there inMay 2007.
    C4 -C5-C6 Incomplete Walking Quad. (Brown Sequard)
    http://www.myspace.com/turbobuick87
    www.lancestemcellchinatrip.blogspot.com

Any thoughts from Dr.Young???????????

Quote Originally Posted by emmy
    Any thoughts from Dr.Young???????????
    Emmy, I have posted several times on this subject. You can do a search for "Beike" or "Shenzhen" posts from me. This has nothing to do with me or ChinaSCINet.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Emmy, I have posted several times on this subject. You can do a search for "Beike" or "Shenzhen" posts from me. This has nothing to do with me or ChinaSCINet.

Wise.
    Dr. Young what are your thoughts of me getting stem cell treatment as a walking c4-c5 incomplete quad (brown sequard). My right side is my more affected side KAFO R/leg minimal right triceps and right finger movement.
    Thanks
    C4 -C5-C6 Incomplete Walking Quad. (Brown Sequard)
    http://www.myspace.com/turbobuick87
    www.lancestemcellchinatrip.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by walkingQuad
    Dr. Young what are your thoughts of me getting stem cell treatment as a walking c4-c5 incomplete quad (brown sequard). My right side is my more affected side KAFO R/leg minimal right triceps and right finger movement.
    Thanks
    walkingquad,

Like everybody else, I am awaiting more evidence. Several published studies (from China, Korea, and more recently from Japan) have reported that umbilical cord blood cells (selected for the CD34+ and transplanted to the spinal cord) improve function of animals. One study from Tampa has reported that intravenous infusion of human umbilical cord blood cells improve function in rats after spinal cord injury.

While there have been several reports that intravascular infusion of umbilical cord blood will improve function in people after spinal cord injury, these are mostly anecdotal reports from individuals. By now, somebody should have done a randomized controlled clinical trial to show that it works, since umbilical cord blood infusions are being done routinely around the world for a variety of other conditions.

In Shenzhen, they are apparently selecting CD34+ cells from unmatched umbilical cord blood units, expanding them in culture, and then offering to transfuse them intravenously or to infuse them intrathecally to the spinal cord. I am bothered that they do not used HLA-matched cells, apparently because they believe that the cells would not be rejected, which is against a substantial body of clinical and animal evidence that suggest that such cells would be immunologically rejected. I am also concerned that they are not doing a clinical trial and advertising around the world for patients to come to their center and charging for an unproven experimental treatment.

I do not want to cast doubt on the reports of people who are returning from Shenzhen saying that they have improved as a result of the therapy. I accept their claims that they are improving but I don't understand the mechanism. However, until more information is available, I suggest that people be patient until more is known about both the safety and efficacy of such treatments.

Wise.

hi just wanted you to know my husband and i will be in shenyang china in early jan to..........we will say hi to roger if i see him ,.......
    we are leaving for shenyang china to do the 30 day (jan1st- jan30th)stem cell injectins for my husband....his injury is T12 L1 from a motor vehical accident in october 30th 2001................we will keep you posted on any improvement or non improvement during the month of jan........we are nervous and excited......but he will never know if it will work unless he goes and tries it.............
    Last edited by dixiebird66; 12-05-2006 at 09:00 PM.

montana it is so nice to hear about your recovery. Hope all continues to improve.