Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My stem cell treatment in China

Very nice to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana44
    Hello everyone, I have now been in Shenzhen, China for one week undergoing stem cell treatment by Bieke Biotech. Everything I have seen and experienced so far is amazing. The hospital itself is clean, bright and modern. There is a lot of english so understanding what is transpiring is not an issue. There is great support staff that pick you up at the airport and pretty much hand hold you through the entire proceedure.

I started immediately with intensive physiotherapy. This includes, but is not limited to, daily accupuncture, electronic muscle stimulation, standing frame, exercise and chinese massage. Sometimes these sessions are repeated twice in the same day. I received my first injection of stem cells on day 5 and am already beginning to see positve changes from the combined therapy. 1) I no longer need 12 hours of sleep a night, I am feeling refreshed with only 8 hours of solid sleep. 2) For the first time since my accident I feel hunger. Thank goodness the food is plentiful, delicious and very inexpensive. 3) The constant nausea that has plagued me seems to be gone. 4) Pain is much more managable although not gone. 5) I managed to urinate for the first time without using a catheter. This was just last night and although I did not empty my bladder, it was at least a start. 6) I have a constant sensation in my right leg that is new and I can only describe as what seems to be physical sensation returning. 7) My sphincter muscle, although weak, has begun working. The doctors feel that I should be able to regain bowl function soon. 8) I can do the keegle exercise with excellent results, something I could not do at all before.

That is all I have to report in the first week and one injection. I wll keep everyone posted.

Tell me more about your sphincter muscle and keegle exercises. No wait, I'll just have to see this for myself. I'm available as soon as you return....

Congrats on your positive results thus far...
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Montana44
    Hello everyone, I have now been in Shenzhen, China for one week undergoing stem cell treatment by Bieke Biotech. Everything I have seen and experienced so far is amazing. The hospital itself is clean, bright and modern. There is a lot of english so understanding what is transpiring is not an issue. There is great support staff that pick you up at the airport and pretty much hand hold you through the entire proceedure.

I started immediately with intensive physiotherapy. This includes, but is not limited to, daily accupuncture, electronic muscle stimulation, standing frame, exercise and chinese massage. Sometimes these sessions are repeated twice in the same day. I received my first injection of stem cells on day 5 and am already beginning to see positve changes from the combined therapy. 1) I no longer need 12 hours of sleep a night, I am feeling refreshed with only 8 hours of solid sleep. 2) For the first time since my accident I feel hunger. Thank goodness the food is plentiful, delicious and very inexpensive. 3) The constant nausea that has plagued me seems to be gone. 4) Pain is much more managable although not gone. 5) I managed to urinate for the first time without using a catheter. This was just last night and although I did not empty my bladder, it was at least a start. 6) I have a constant sensation in my right leg that is new and I can only describe as what seems to be physical sensation returning. 7) My sphincter muscle, although weak, has begun working. The doctors feel that I should be able to regain bowl function soon. 8) I can do the keegle exercise with excellent results, something I could not do at all before.

That is all I have to report in the first week and one injection. I wll keep everyone posted.
    Hi that is great, I am happy for you. If you don't mind, I am curious about what level your injury is and how long ago it ocurred.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz
    P.S. As Care Cure's official letch, please allow me a belated welcome and a most hardy- Hubba, hubba.
    Joe
    You disgust me.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Quote Originally Posted by cspanos
    You disgust me.

Chris.
    I agree with you.

Thank you for sharing Montana44. I am happy to hear your first report and anxiously awaiting more. Please let us know what is going on even if it is not as positive as your first week. Good luck to you!
    Injured 7-22-06, T-11 T-12 complete. [Holds up cardboard sign] "Will work for returns."
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Almost finished

I had my final injection today. We decided to add a 6th injection with a variation. I had a bone marrow sample removed from my hip which was then cultured for 10 days, mixed with the cord blood stem cells and then injected. I have to say, overall, I am more than please with not only the proceedure but the results to date. I had an electrical muscle stimulation test done in the first week and again today. The results show significant changes with muscle response, more so on the right side than the left. This corresponds with what I have seen myself. I continue to have things improve regarding sensation and movement but much slower now than when it originally started. That is more than acceptable as I was told not to expect anything in the initial stages. It normally takes months for things to grow and develop.

In asnwer to some other questions, I am a T-12 complete who was injured in Sept of 2003, just over 3 years ago. Since then, I have not experienced any spontaneous change. I think it is fair to say that anything that has developed since being here is a result of my treatment on not just by chance coincidence.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Fingers crossed...
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Nice to know.

Yay! Momentum is building. Scott.