Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: My stem cell treatment in China

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    mioara ,i had the oeg procedure done last year [july],dr.huang .i have no improvments yet,increased neuro pain and spasticity only.maybe i am a rare specimen?who knows?
    I'm pretty sure the treatment her husband is getting is Umbilical cord blood not OEG
    C4 -C5-C6 Incomplete Walking Quad. (Brown Sequard)
    http://www.myspace.com/turbobuick87
    www.lancestemcellchinatrip.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by walkingQuad
    I'm pretty sure the treatment her husband is getting is Umbilical cord blood not OEG
    then i did the wrong move .i wonder why dr.lima and huang said that oeg procedure is the best one?agrrrrrrrr.......
    i watched to much tv then[discovery ,national geographic,etc.].
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Sorry everyone ,somehow the computer decided to play up yesterday so it did not save the entire post .

Walking Quad you are right, my Husband is having umbilical stem cell therapy.

Adi chicago please understand that like any other treatment cell stem therapy may not work for everyone in the same way. There are a multitude of factors involved in success of therapy (eg : level of injury , physical condition , adjutant therapy, mental state etc..)
    Each one of us is an unique individual and will have unique responses to any treatment undertaken.

Not at any point assurances were given that the treatment will be succesful but we were given an abundance of info which enabled us to make an informed choice.
    We also came here to Shenzhen , met people that had the treatment and saw the results with our own eyes.

Remember : " If you never never go ,you will never never know"! ( australian proverb)
    Last edited by MioaraD; 04-24-2007 at 10:19 PM.

"As for Paracetamol I don’t know too much about that, and don’t know exactly what this has to do with spinal cord treatments as discussed in this thread although some studies have been carried out. "

Leif there is no correlation between Paracetamol & CSI, I am using it as an example.
    Paracetamol is a first step drug used to alleviate pain, but despite intensive research nobody has been able to explain how exactly it works in the human body to stop pain, is just established that it does.
    I am not concerned that the umbilical stem cell therapy has not been researched enough for the western medicos, I just accept that it works .
    The results of stem cell therapy have been published in reputable chinese medical journals over & over again so perhaps is time to look for the reason why the western Drs are reluctant to accept its success.

Here we have met patients that have returned to have second treatment because the improvements were excellent.

Sensation

I just wanted to give a little up-date.

Today, like many days, my PSW gave me a back massage with a machine that vibrates. She would only go part way down my back before resuming up. I kept asking her to "go lower,,,,,,go lower" as that was where it hurt. When she finally reached the afflicted area she asked me why I wanted it massaged there as it was an area in which I had no feeling. With a lot of excitement, we then started experimenting.

Sensation, both deep tissue and finger-tip, use to end at the base of my T-12 surgical scar. Today, I was able to feel the vibration like normal until well below my tail-bone. The buttocks had a much more muffled sensation. When dragged across my lumbars, it felt wonderful, a sensation I have not had since the accident. Finger-tip sensation is now 3/4 of an inch below the scar.

When my legs where massaged by hand, I was able to determine not only the area she was working on but what type of stroke and what direction her hands were moving on my skin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    then i did the wrong move .i wonder why dr.lima and huang said that oeg procedure is the best one?agrrrrrrrr.......
    i watched to much tv then[discovery ,national geographic,etc.].
    Somewhere here, maybe not this thread but I remember reading something that Doc Wise had posted about OEG cells and I read it a week or so ago. it reminded me that was what procedure you had done. Read it around the same time. Anyway, the info was clear that in comparing the two, from the patients that had the procedures, it was evident that OEG was NOT the way to go. Sorry I can't be more specific ADI. Would it be possible for you to raise the money and return for the umbilical cord blood procedure?
    I STILL think that if you can start getting out and about, that you will do MUCH better at what you CAN do. Staying inside all the time is hard on anyone. Try some different things as far as bladder management goes. IC never was a viable solution for me. Last time I peed in a store whilt grocery shopping did it for me. I got a foley and haven't looked back.

Montana,
    Excellent News! Have you gotten back into your exercise/therapy routine again? Earlier in the year you had to stop from pain as I recall. Keep posting improvements. MANY people are interested.
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 04-29-2007 at 02:43 AM.

hello montana,

may i know since how long u've been injured?
    what u were feeling before treatment?

how long it may take to see more good changes according to ur dr.s?

how old r u?is ur age gonns be making difference in the treatment?

very happy for u.praying a sppedy recovery for u.
    thanks

Blog Entries
    msb
    If you start at the beginning of the thread and read thru, all that info is already posted. PLUS you will get the added benefit of hearing about others who have seen improvements

first of all i wish u good luck and god may be with u.i wonder if they tell u how many injections u have to make and if u want tell me how much its costs for 1 week

Kevin has had yesterday his last stem cell therapy.
    Today he's exhausted from the increased spasms.
    But is good because each time he had increased spasms & pain the next day we observed improvements.
    Pain & increased spasms seem to last only 24 hrs.

He was able to get into a normal taxi ( sedan ) quite easy 2 days ago .Normally he can not get into a normal car due to rigidity caused by spasms .
    Kev has decreased the Baclofen dose to 95 mg daily.
    Tomorrow we are going home to Chiang Mai.
    We will keep you posted with Kevin's progress.