Thread: Dave Wardrop: Decompression

Dave Wardrop: Decompression

Dave Wardrop posted 02-23-04 02:58 PM
    I am trying to get a response from Wise Young and associates.
    I was injured on Oct. 31, 1999. A c 6-7 fracture and sublux resulted in my paralysis.
    I have a recent MRI completed showing my present condition. I would like to send a copy of the MRI to you for your review. I have made slow and steady progress since my injury with the help of a chiropractor. Muscle massage has improved sensory and motor function. I am able to get up on my hands and knees with good strength. The chiropractor has viewed the MRI and feels (as do I) that spinal decompression of c 6-7 would improve my condition. When he presses above my break with his fingers sensations travel through my entire body almost feeling the ability to move. This is why I feel it is very crucial to have your input on this. I have seen that spinal decompression is one of your studies. I have a couple of incidents that have also improved my function. One was getting hit on the right side of my neck with a hard hit baseball (2002) which increased the feeling and sensation in my legs and body by the next day. The next was falling backwards out of my wheelchair at 10:30 a.m. and by 1:00 p.m. my stomach and back felt tight and by 5:00 p.m. my breathing had improved dramatically, and continues to improve to date, 4 years later. My surgery was only able to realign me approximately 80% leaving some pressure on the motor function part of my spinal cord. I know the risks of surgery are serious by I am willing to take these risks as I feel that improvement is pending upon this type of surgery. I hope these facts that are presented to you would support your decison to assist me in this endeavour.

I am anxiously awaiting your reply. I feel that this is a necassary part of my recovery.

Dave Wardrop
    Dave, I am sorry that I have been out of the loop for some 36 hours. My advice would be see a neurosurgeon about this situation. Your description of improving after being hit with a baseball improving your function and falling out of your wheelchair is puzzling. That is not a good thing to do. Likewise, I must say that I am nervous about a chiropractor manipulating your spine when you have still have some compression of your spinal cord. If you do have 20% compression of your spinal cord, it is worthwhile getting a surgical opinion again. Have you seen my article about decompression http://carecure.rutgers.edu/spinewir...ompression.htm

Wise.

Dr. Wise Young
    Thank you for your reply to my letter. To clarify a few points in my letter I would like to explain that he chiropractor has never done any adjustments to my neck just loosedned muscles on my shoulders. It was my chiropractor that found your web site on decompression and said that he could see and feel the sublux on my neck and thought very highly of you on this matter and felt that I should send you a copy of my MRI. It was my own doctor in London that talked to you personally regarding my case and prior to his conversation with you he felt that it would constitute mal- practice to perform any further surgery on me even after showing him the literature from your site on decompression. I have fought with this doctor for over 3 years on this issue. This is the reason I am looking to you for assistance on this and possibly information on any current studies that I could participate in. Also, the 20% compression was meant as I was realigned to approximately 80% of vertabrae alignment. I was told that only 2% misalignment would not affect the spinal cord. Is this true? The fact that my incidents ( baseball and fall) have improved my function may indicate the possibility of further improvement with proper realignment.
    I appreciate your time and advise.

Thank you Dave Wardrop

Dave Wardrop

Wise Young

I would like to know if there is a phone number that I could call to talk to you directly on the subject of decompression.

Awaiting your reply,

David Wardrop

Thank you for your reply to my letter. To clarify a few points I would like to explain that the chiropractor has never done any adjustments to my neck just loosened muscles on my shoulders. It was my chiropractor who found your web site and said that he could feel the sublux on my neckand thought very highly of you on this matter. He thought that I should send you a copy of my MRI. It was my own doctor in London who fewlt that it would constitute mal-practice to preform any further surgery even after showing him the literature from your site on decompression. I have fought with this doctor for over 3 years on this issue. This is the reason I am coming to you for your expertise and assistance on this and possibly information regarding studies that I could participate in. Also, the 20% compression was meant as I was realigned to approximately 80% of vertabrae alignment. I was told that only 2% misalignment would not affect the spinal cors. Is the fact that my incidents (baseball and fall) have improved my function indicate and support the possibility of further improvement with proper realignment. I appreciate your time and advise. Is there a phone number that I could use to talk to you directly on the subject of decompression.
    I am not sure if I am sending these to the correct forum. You may have received these previously.

Awaiting your reply
    Dave Wardrop
    Originally posted by Wise Young:

Dave Wardrop posted 02-23-04 02:58 PM
    I am trying to get a response from Wise Young and associates.
    I was injured on Oct. 31, 1999. A c 6-7 fracture and sublux resulted in my paralysis.
    I have a recent MRI completed showing my present condition. I would like to send a copy of the MRI to you for your review. I have made slow and steady progress since my injury with the help of a chiropractor. Muscle massage has improved sensory and motor function. I am able to get up on my hands and knees with good strength. The chiropractor has viewed the MRI and feels (as do I) that spinal decompression of c 6-7 would improve my condition. When he presses above my break with his fingers sensations travel through my entire body almost feeling the ability to move. This is why I feel it is very crucial to have your input on this. I have seen that spinal decompression is one of your studies. I have a couple of incidents that have also improved my function. One was getting hit on the right side of my neck with a hard hit baseball (2002) which increased the feeling and sensation in my legs and body by the next day. The next was falling backwards out of my wheelchair at 10:30 a.m. and by 1:00 p.m. my stomach and back felt tight and by 5:00 p.m. my breathing had improved dramatically, and continues to improve to date, 4 years later. My surgery was only able to realign me approximately 80% leaving some pressure on the motor function part of my spinal cord. I know the risks of surgery are serious by I am willing to take these risks as I feel that improvement is pending upon this type of surgery. I hope these facts that are presented to you would support your decison to assist me in this endeavour.

I am anxiously awaiting your reply. I feel that this is a necassary part of my recovery.

Dave Wardrop
    Dave, I am sorry that I have been out of the loop for some 36 hours. My advice would be see a neurosurgeon about this situation. Your description of improving after being hit with a baseball improving your function and falling out of your wheelchair is puzzling. That is not a good thing to do. Likewise, I must say that I am nervous about a chiropractor manipulating your spine when you have still have some compression of your spinal cord. If you do have 20% compression of your spinal cord, it is worthwhile getting a surgical opinion again. Have you seen my article about decompression http://carecure.rutgers.edu/spinewir...ompression.htm

Wise.