Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: laser

laser

I am interested to try the therapy of Albert Bohbot in Fracia. According to you there are of the real ones turns out to you on spinal lesions? thanks Ale

Alessandro,

I have posted extensively on laser treatment of the spinal cord before on these forums. I am frankly skeptical of much of the results that have been reported. There have been a number of studies that reported the lasers can improve function in people and animals with spinal cord injury. However, when you look closely at the results, there is no credible mechanism and the results are often not replicatable by other laboratories.

One of the reasons that I have difficulties with the reports that lasers stimulate regeneration of the spinal cord is the fact that lasers are not that different from bright light. Especially when applied from the outside, most of the light that ultimately reaches the spinal cord are reflected and refracted.

I have also been skeptical because much so-called laser acupuncture therapies apply the light far from the spinal cord and often to points that don't even have peripheral nerves. It is unclear what they are affecting. They are applied to acunpunture points that have no correspondence with structures that we know or understand in the body.

A doctor by the name of Judith Walker, in the 1980's, delivered laser acupuncture to people with spinal cord injury. Her clinic charged people thousands of dollars for the treatments. I was never convinced that it did anything and CBS 60 Minutes did an exposé of her work that ended in the closure of the clinic.

Al Bohbot posts extensively on this site. I have long said that I believe that he is a passionate and caring man who believes that his "laserponcture" is beneficial for people with spinal cord injury. He combines the laser treatments with intensive physical and exercise therapies. It is difficult to know how much improvement the patients had and the extent to which laser therapies had a role.

Wise.

Thank's prof. Wise

another question, the Bobhot treatment is invasive?

Laser

It isn't at all invasive. If you see the video below from Romeo you can see he has the laser beam thingys on top of the skin, it is painless and non-invasive. I had it done a few years ago, not sure if it helped, it seemed to, but everyone is different.

Dear Wise,

Thanks for the explanations you gave on laser to Alessandro.

As you may know, I took part to the World Association of Laser Therapy meeting last month. The keynote speaker was Prof. Zhores Alferov, both Nobel Prize in Physics 2000 for his works on laser and Vice President of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Several works on laser were presented by university teams. They showed the laser action on DNA and mitochondrias at cell level and could repeat their experiences. Together with S. Rochkind (Tel Aviv University) and J. Anders (USUHS, website: http://www.usuhs.mil/nes/Anders.htm) I discussed the laser action on spinal cord injuries. One of the conclusions of the congress was that a Nobel Prize in Physics would probably concern works on laser in relation to the human body before 2010.

Regarding the laser therapy we keep collecting a maximum of information through establishing a patient’s file as objectively and rigorously as possible. We now have a unique experience on the lasepuncture therapy combined with most of the cells therapies. Future may be held in double therapy – we have more and more SCI individuals asking for laser right after their cell injection or transplantation.

Anyhow what is important for us is the results achieved and not to make money as our fee amounts to $115 per session and children below 16 are treated free of charge regardless of their nationality or financial means. The reason why we can have low fees is explained by the fact that the French government finances the laser through a grant and the device is manufactured by one of the greatest French engineering schools. Today I’m working on the 6th laser generation.

In France we endeavour to help the SCI patients to our best ability and any recovery, although a small one, is a victory on fatality.

Albert

Francais / French:

Cher Wise,

Merci des explications que vous avez donnees a Alessandro concernant le laser.

Comme vous le savez, j’ai été intervenant au mois d’octobre au WALT. Vous pourrez consulter le programme a l’adresse suivante : www.walt2006.com. L’invite de marque etait le prix Nobel de physiques 2000 qui a obtenu son prix nobel sur le laser. De nombreuses interventions faites par des equipes universitaires sur le laser ont demontre l’action repetee et confirmee du laser sur l’ADN et sur les mitochondries au niveau cellulaire. Avec Shimon Rochkind (Universite de Tel Aviv) et Juanita Anders (USUHS, site web : http://www.usuhs.mil/nes/Anders.htm), nous etions les trois a parler des progres de l’action du laser sur les blessures medullaires. Une des conclusions du congres est que probablement un des prochains prix Nobel d’ici a 2010 sera consacre a des travaux sur l’action du laser dans le corps humain.

En ce qui nous concerne, nous continuons a collecter un maximum d’informations au travers des dossiers que nous etablissons d’une facon la plus objective et la plus rigoureuse. Nous avons maintenant une experience sur la therapie laserponcture unique ou cumulee en double therapie avec pratiquement l’ensemble des equipes qui font des injections de cellules. Peut-etre que l’avenir est dans la bi-therapie. Cela se traduit par les demandes de plus en plus nombreuses de blesses medullaires qui ont recu des injections de cellules.

Quoiqu’il en soit, ce qui compte, c’est le resultat obtenu et, comme vous le savez, nous ne nous enrichissons pas sur les blesses medullaires qui viennent nous voir puisque nos honoraires par seance sont de 90 euros et que les enfants blesses medullaires sont soignes gratuitement jusqu’a l’age de 16 ans quels que soient leur nationalite ou moyens financiers. Nous pouvons pratiquer des honoraires aussi bas car le laser que j’utilise et qui est de ma conception est finance par le gouvernement francais et construit par une des plus grandes ecoles d’ingenieur en France. C’est d’ailleurs la 5e generation depuis que j’ai commence et je travaille a l’heure actuelle a la 6e generation.

En France nous esperons simplement aider les blesses medullaires a progresser et toute petite recuperation est une victoire sur la fatalite.

Albert

Um Dr. Bobot I know that my friend Susan Fajt has visited your facility and she has given me the low down with what you do. We have all also seen the video of your step walks. However, what i would like to ask is what you are doing in conjuntion or collaberation with scientists if at all too prepare for a cure? Which companies are you working with? And what are your thoughts of future regenerative therapies. Thanks.
    Last edited by spidergirl; 11-13-2006 at 06:32 AM.

We have our own research lab and collaborate with scientists wishing to collaborate with us. We are in contact with several universities around the world.

Regarding the future regenerative therapies, only the future will tell. Not being a medium I can only make objective observations.

Pass on our best wishes to Susan.
    Albert

Francais / French:

Nous avons notre propre laboratoire de recherches et nous collaborons avec les scientifiques qui acceptent de collaborer avec nous. Nous sommes en rapport avec plusieurs universités de par le monde.

En ce qui concerne les therapies de regeneration qui viendront dans le futur, attendons le futur pour voir. N’etant pas medium ni voyant, je ne peux etre qu’un observateur objectif.

Amities a Susan.

Albert

Here’s an example of scientific testimony on laserpuncture.
    It’s good that Susan didn’t think it was worth telling about her stay in France and let Dr Peduzzi-Nelson mention it because of her scientific stature. Quotation: “[i]n May, at Dr. Albert Bohbot in France, Susan got more strength in these muscles and began walking on a walker with braces on legs. The graph below shows the changes in her ASIA scores.”

Albert

Français / French:

Voil* un exemple de témoignage de scientifiques sur le laserponcture. Heureusement que Susan n’avait pas jugé utile de parler de son experience en France lors de son temoignage au Senat et qu’elle a laisse le professeur Peduzzi-Nelson, dont le poids scientifique est plus important, de parler de son sejour en France. Citation : « In May, at Dr. Albert Bohbot in France, Susan got more strength in these muscles and began walking on a walker with braces on legs. The graph below shows the changes in her ASIA scores. »

Albert

Dr. Bohbot,

Awe, you are missed so much... You are the man who taught me to take my first steps after this injury and i am so proud of you for always wanting to colloborate and help others, Godbless you! I too am glad that Dr. Peduzzi told the important issues on your behalf as they are more credible as your wise ways are proving to be of upmost importance. I have soooo much to tell you, the lion is waking and preparing to dance. lots of love! Susan.
    Godspeed~
    Susan
    www.sciwalker.com

Hello Dr.Boboth,

You back i see ?
    Anyone interested in watching the results of Dr.Boboth on more than 30 people here in Portugal for a duration of 8 months, just use the Search Button on the forum, and will pretty much find the last "discussion" i and some other people had with him..

[edit]
    To make life easier :

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/archive...p/t-19876.html
    [/edit]

á bientot
    Last edited by Bruno; 11-15-2006 at 01:58 AM.