Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: External condom

Thanxs everyone I have cathed two time and no leaking I am wearing my diaper (18 for $9.99) plus a cupon for $2.50 cupon on my next order. Wear a external condom during the next day. I'm going to sleep on my stomach for the first time in a year since I had to wear condoms so maybe I will get a good nights sleep. that would be nice just to sleep good. I hated posting this stuff but thanx for your repies.
    Sincerely,
    Matt

Hi Hunker....I use a Bard overnite bag for the night(2000 ml size). It flows very easy and doesnt cause any leakage. I use the Mentor's, but I see you have skin issues with them. Too bad, they do work well for me. Good luck...John

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard
    Hi Hunker....I use a Bard overnite bag for the night(2000 ml size). It flows very easy and doesnt cause any leakage. I use the Mentor's, but I see you have skin issues with them. Too bad, they do work well for me. Good luck...John
    I may go back to mentor because they did hold up better but the stuck and now I use these pads that release the sticky stuff. So far this diaper thing has not busted and I am drinking 1/2 bottle of water and wine while watching football. A bard bag hangs off the bed right? If so i hope I can sleep ggod tonight it will be like a big relief to sleep and not put other people to take care of changing the bed.

Hunker,secure condom with elastoplast tape.-REF-02114-00.

Quote Originally Posted by 611
    Hunker,secure condom with elastoplast tape.-REF-02114-00.
    What is .-REF-02114-00 ?

=Hunker,it's the product number of the Elastoplast tape I use. Sportaid can get it for you.

The prepackaged ones with included adhesive are useless. Two things will solve this completely: get rid of the one-way valve and go old-school -- standard condom catheter (no self-contained adhesive) attached with skin bond. In 20+ years I have not had more than a handful of them leak, and that is only after they blow up the size of a grapefruit because it was twisted or there was no hole in the condom.
    See additional information in this thread: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/archive...p/t-62524.html
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by artsyguy1954
    Hi Hunker
    I use the Clear Advantage self adhering silicone catheter made by MENTOR, Minneapolis, MN in combination with a vented leg bag made by Hollister Inc. Libertyville, Illinois. After some experimentation and bad luck with different brands I found this to be a combination that works very well for me. I don't know if this will help you.

Ditto for me.

My 4 keys for trouble-free condoms:

1. Shave off all hair in the region;
    2. Wash the area thoroughly and make sure its completely dry;
    3. Use a Skin Prep wipe and let it dry (takes mere seconds; and
    4. Make yourself as hard as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Myc0
    I used to use some Coloplasts CC's but I had too many leaks with them, nou I use Rochester Wide Bands, they work great. There are also skin prep wipes, that put a protective coating on the skin so the adhesive from the condom cath's don't irritate it, I think they help the cc's adhere better too.
    Yep! I use the widebands too and love them. The mentor's didn't hold for sh%t.
    Dave

So I have been doing it backward with the skin prep wipes I was using them to get them unstuck. Sportaid sent me a measuring cardboard thing for my you know what? I thought that was funny plus it made a good frisbee! Don't tell the ladies or they will want one so they can measure up us guys <Matt wispers> I agree with the UTI thing so I should get a size smaller in my next order. I did do something last night because I was not sure what would happen. I put a diaper over my condom (just in case) and my UTI is gone since I done with my prescription. Instead of drinking wine I drank an Irish kalour (sp?) so to keep down on the liquids before bed plus I thought not drinking so much alcohol I would not get so hot at night. Just to be safe I put one of those diapers on too. Really.... leg bags, condoms, hoses and diaper! I just laughed at how funny I looked. I did not leak last night which was a great relief and everything went well. Thanks for all the helpfull information from everyone.
    Best regards,
    Matt