Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Am I alone again?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    I still think if Hans Kierstad, or Stephen Davies, or Douglas Kerr, or anyone else could demonstrate a combination approach that worked in a chronic setting on rats, and larger mammilian species, funding could happen sooner.
    I agree.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by manouli
    250,000 cases of traumatic spinal cord injury is reported each year at a cost of $10 billion annually. Cure the spinal cord injury and we will save $10 billion dollars annually. What a good investment is to fund spinal cord treatment. Spent ten billion one time and save for ever and you will help the thousands of people suffering daily which is priceless. manouli
    You are right, manouli. If you want to argue SCI in dollars and cents terms, pushing very very hard for the cure makes good economic sense.
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Dr. Young,

what about the North American clinical trial network that's already in place? Can some of these promising therapies be placed with this network to get things going at a quicker time line?

hi manouli,

i think you ment SCI not TBI, the TBI numbers are through the ceiling with annual cost at around 50 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    hi manouli,

i think you ment SCI not TBI, the TBI numbers are through the ceiling with annual cost at around 50 billion.
    Thank you Leo, I think we are good business for many companies, and if they will cure us they would lose a lot of business. What kind of business? Check: wheelchairs, suppositories, medications for infections, catheters, physical therapies, shower chairs, and please add some more items which I cannot think about it right now.manouli

Quote Originally Posted by Rollin Rick
    Dr. Young,

what about the North American clinical trial network that's already in place? Can some of these promising therapies be placed with this network to get things going at a quicker time line?
    Rollin, I think that the North American clinical trial network needs more funding. It was started by the CRF and they have started organizing the network. The CRPA would be very helpful in this regard.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ads32
    Any researcher I have spoken to says that more basic research is needed for the new, exciting breakthroughs rather than for money into trials for the older ideas. I'm really confused.
    Exactly!

From what I can tell that's spidergirl's point too.

Questioning where money is going is basic accountability and applies to everyone.

We need far more breakthroughs and misdirection of money is a big problem because it delays the cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee
    Exactly!

From what I can tell that's spidergirl's point too.

Questioning where money is going is basic accountability and applies to everyone.

We need far more breakthroughs and misdirection of money is a big problem because it delays the cure.
    Breakthroughs and breakthroughs, you don’t think a clinical breakthrough from Gerons trials although the first trials are for acute injuries wouldn’t benefit our case? Would it not be wise to put money in this trial? If successful it would boost SCI ESC research trough the sound barrier.

Hello,
    No, there is no cure yet. They are doing experimental research in china right now.You don't have to make life in a wheelchair horrible. You can travel and live life to your fullest. I rather focus on just being in a wheelchair for right now.