Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Am I alone again?

Unhappy Am I alone again?

Am I alone who don't believe anymore about real cure for SCI? I'm c4 15y post. and I heard so much that a cure is just around the corner. That corner is now too far for me, I gave up about this.
    Like God, we hear a lot about him but we never saw him...
    Am I wrong?
    I'm sure that some of you can easily understand my feeling.
    For conclusion, life in wheelchair is nightmare forever, even more when you are c4.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Am I alone who don't believe anymore about real cure for SCI? I'm c4 15y post. and I heard so much that a cure is just around the corner. That corner is now too far for me, I gave up about this.
    Am I wrong?
    For conclusion, life in wheelchair is nightmare forever, even more when you are c4.

Steve
    hope is the only think that keeps me alive.
    about a cure...i hope i will live long enough to be cured.
    if not.....bye bye blue planet...life is life until you dont die.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Yo fool I am C4 and my life is not a nightmare. So take that and rewind it back. But then again it's only been four years so who knows. I could eat my words right now three years from now. Oh no!

PS-ankle sores get infected and take my life ASAP!! Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay
    Yo fool I am C4 and my life is not a nightmare. So take that and rewind it back. But then again it's only been four years so who knows. I could eat my words right now three years from now. Oh no!

PS-ankle sores get infected and take my life ASAP!! Just kidding.
    no neuropain,spasms utis,etc?good for you.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Am I wrong?

Steve
    Steve, please don't give up. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    no neuropain,spasms utis,etc?good for you.
    I have neurotic pain but I can tolerate it without medicine. I do have spasms and I take medicine and it's not that bad so it's cool. For UTI's I don't believe I've ever gotten one. If I did I don't think I noticed. My health is really the only good thing I have. Just my social life sucks but I try to counter it with sports as best as I can. So yeah...

Am I wrong?

Steve
    Salut Steve! Where are you from in Quebec? Don't give up, I know how you feel, the cure will come. I am 23 years post and still believe, very few believed in it when I was trying to convince people 23 years ago, we are closer than ever (I know that it cannot be otherwise but I said it anyway ...).
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Hello again Dr. Young,
    Thank you very much for you encouragements. Thank you again for your great great work. It's remarkable. You are a phenomene.(right word in english? )
    I don't give up for life, I have to deal with it.....but for cure it's tough to still hoping when you read so many researches and still no real good result for us so far.
    I can't imagine how I would be mentally if I would not have an excellent health like I have. No pill at all...just paralysed...lol "just".
    Friends around me help a lot also, for sure. Even 15y later, they still organize softball tournament to raise money for me that allow me to go to Florida 3 months during cold winter here. Wow...finally life is too coool....just kidding!

Ciao

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Steve, please don't give up. Wise.

Give Up?

[quote=Steve]Am I alone who don't believe anymore about real cure for SCI? I'm c4 15y post. and I heard so much that a cure is just around the corner. That corner is now too far for me, I gave up about this.
    Am I wrong?

Not now Big Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Democrats are finally taking over...You now have hope more than ever.......Your strenghth and story will find it's way to the c/2,3,4,5,6,7,T-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,L-1,2,3,4,5,Transverse Myel, and MS ptients diagnosed Today.
    C'mon the car accidents, shootings, the bad word from the Dr. (horrific)----HORRIFIC! TODAY, BIG DOG THERE ARE THOSE WHOM DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOU GAVE UP! When Mom or Dad or neighbor or lover looks for help for the newly diagnosed they will want to believe you belive. XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Salut,
    Quebec city Beach.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI
    Salut Steve! Where are you from in Quebec? Don't give up, I know how you feel, the cure will come. I am 23 years post and still believe, very few believed in it when I was trying to convince people 23 years ago, we are closer than ever (I know that it cannot be otherwise but I said it anyway ...).