Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nosey nurse asking questions….what do I say

Quote Originally Posted by taj2002
    I have to think that his one is just plain rude and crude. She has only been at our house for a few weeks and just works one day a week for 6 hours. BTW, she is an LPN. To give you another example, one day she came out of the bathroom and told my husband that she had just started her period. Like he gives a care…I was standing right there when she said it and again was shocked. In case you were wondering, she did tell me that it has been a year and a half for her in the sex department. Like I give a care….I should have told her maybe she could “get it on” with my husband, and he could give her a refresher course. If I had only been thinking clearly.

People are goofy.

Trish
    Ewwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhh YUCK!! Obviously, this woman is NOT asking for a "good" reason. She is just ... yucky! That's a great suggestion KLD, report her. That is completely unacceptable for a paid "professional" (in quotes because she is obviously NOT professional) to act.

My post about "why do you ask" though may help in the future, it's helped us alot. I think someone here suggested it to me.

ETA: sometimes, I swear to god, when I get asked about sex I feel like saying "well, I mount him and ride him like a wild bronco!" just to see the reaction! Cause that really is how we have sex, lol!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

my humble opinion ....buy her a vibrator ....cristhmas is coming.lol
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I agree to get rid of the nurse, these are questions that shouldn't be asked. I had an LPN ask me on a few occasions who my favorite nurse was, but nothing this bad.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Being a very blunt and outspoken person myself I tend to give out too much info. I have been known to put my foot in my mouth. I usually try to make sure I am talking to someone who is either used to the way I am or can at least appreciate it. I can also tell when someone is not comfortable with it. I think you can subtly let her know probably even by a brief facial gesture that it's not o.k. She will probably get the hint. If not don't be subtle at all!!!

Good thing you are getting rid of her now because it sure seems that she was thinking to do other things to your husband instead of care only. Or who knows maybe she was a lesbian and she wanted something to do with you instead.

I'm surpised she didn't leave your home with a permanent hand print on her face and a boot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    Actually, now that I think about it, I remember a response I use frequently when any inappropriate question is asked of me:

"why do you ask?"
    Elegant response.

C.

I agree hats down.

That girl cussing in front of your kids shows you the amount of class she has. I bet you anything she probably would have tried flirting with your husband's friends. What a weirdo.

Thanks for all the great comments. I guess until I started reading these comments, I didn’t realize just how unprofessional she is. She is so wacky the more that I think about it. She tells me she is in love with Keith Urban the country singer. She cuts his picture out of magazines and tapes them to her nursing notebook. I halfway expect to see her with a piece of notebook paper writing out “Mrs. Keith Urban” over and over. One Sunday morning she even had the nerve to tell me that she was out drinking until 3am and drove home drunk (plus she was at our house the next morning at 8:00 am.) My husband is a C3-C4 quad due to the negligence of a teenage driver crossing the median of a divided highway. I cannot stand to hear about impaired drivers. It makes me just sick to think what could happen to someone else. It sounds like this girl is like 17 doesn’t it? Sadly no, she is 47.

Actually my husband called the Director of Nursing at the agency which is rare for him. I usually handle all that stuff. They knew it must be pretty bad since he called. I have also talked to the Director myself this week. Needless to say, he was not too happy. I haven’t caught her in any nursing mistakes per say, but her attitude and behaviors are just unacceptable. I am having a new nurse orient tomorrow and another next week. I don’t think wacko will be back here to our house. I feel sorry for her other clients. I know that she even cares for an 8 year old. Poor kid. I am halfway afraid that she may somehow confront me after the nursing director gets done with her. He said that they would be taking “action”. I told the director of my fears, so I guess we will see what happens. Unfortunately with home care, they always know where you live.